Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed publishing suite, but how do i have the forum in a directory named forums ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Installed publishing suite, but how do i have the forum in a directory named forums ?

Hi,

I just installed the publishing suite. I installed in the root /../../public_html . When i click on the Forum menu link i want the forum to be in www.mydomain.com/forums . Can i configure this?

kind regards
    :rolleyes: :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :rolleyes:

1) Upload the files from do_not_upload/forums to your forums directory.

2) Go to Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details and set the Forum Component URL to the proper address.

3) If you use Mod_Rewrite rules then upload the file under do_not_upload/rewrite/apache2/forums to your forums directory.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for the quick response.

How about the forum.php which is already installed with the publishing suite?

Comment

Originally posted by marocnl View Post
        Hi Wayne,

Thank you for the quick response.

How about the forum.php which is already installed with the publishing suite?
        The files in do_not_upload/forums should include a forum.php stub which would get uploaded. You shouldn't move any other files.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Sorry, i don't get it. I installed the publishing suite and uploaded the directory forums to the root. Do you know which variables in vBsetting should i change? (I must change it directly in the database, because i can't login to admincp after this)

Comment

You installed vBulletin in root. You shouldn't touch this in any way shape or form. Reupload your default files to the root directory.

After you have properly restored your files then create a directory called forums.

Upload the contents of do_not_upload/forums to the forums directory.

Then go to SETTINGS -> OPTIONS -> SITE NAME / URL / CONTACT DETAILS.

Add your domain plus the directory of /forums into the forum component url setting.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I figured it out. There are two settings for forum. One called 'Forum URL' and the other 'Forum Component URL'. I put subdomain.mydomain.com/forums for both of them and my style disappeared. I then remoed "/forums" bit from the 'Forum URL' and it worked. Apparantly i shouldn't put "/forums" in de 'Forum URL'. Correct?

Comment

Oh yeah, btw...it's weird that when i click on Usercp that i get redirect to the root directory again and i don't see the /forums/usercp.php in the url but only /usercp.php. How come there is no usercp.php file in the do_not_upload/forum directory?

Comment

Originally posted by marocnl View Post
                  Oh yeah, btw...it's weird that when i click on Usercp that i get redirect to the root directory again and i don't see the /forums/usercp.php in the url but only /usercp.php. How come there is no usercp.php file in the do_not_upload/forum directory?
                  The UserCP isn't part of the forum component.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Ok, thnx for the quick help. Great service!

I know this is not the place but i was testing your facebook app and in IE9 the scrollbar didn't appear.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X