Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Moving individual threads to a new host

Hi

I have for a new host for my forum and wanted to start from scratch for most it. There are however, around 6-8 threads that I can't do without as there is pages of invaluable discussion.

Is the only way around this copy and pasting the thread post by post - or is there a way that I can take individual threads from my old db and insert them in to the new db?

Thanks in advance.
    Shaun

I'd cut and paste. It'll be easier. Get the printable version, save as..., repost.

Comment

Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
      I'd cut and paste. It'll be easier. Get the printable version, save as..., repost.
      Printable version? I had a look earlier but couldn't see anything like that, will that do post at a time thought? As it will take hours

If that is the only option I may have to restore db :lol:

Comment

you can use any version but printable has less extra junk in the page....it's in thread tools at the top of the thread.

Comment

Depending on what you mean by start from scratch. You could try this:
          create a new forum and move the threads you want to keep to it. Then delete the old forums (along with their content) you no longer want.

Searching the DB is going to be time consuming, if you did it that way.
          www.cdmagurus.com
          www.cellphone-gurus.com

Comment

make a standard back out of your whole Forum, then delete all the stuff you dont want. Make a back for transfer/import to the new clean install.

Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. I have done a backup , if I restore will the forum files all need to copy across as I am using mysqldumper to create / restore?

What tables in the db carry the threads and users? I tried just thread and userlist in the tables and it worked for the users emails but couldn't access their user data or put them In user groups - as for the thread part - nothing happened at all?

Comment

Ps, the reason I need a fresh start as it was new hosting - so I have fresh installed on the new server and then want the user not to re register at least? How can I achieve that?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X