No announcement yet.

How to permit to registered users to edit their own posts that are moderated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to permit to registered users to edit their own posts that are moderated

Hi, I need to know if there is a way to permit to registered users to edit a post that is moderated and so invisible to them.
    That is the situation for better understanding why I ask for that:

- There's a moderated forum, users must follow a guideline to publish a post.
    - Moderators check if the guideline has been respected and then publish the post, otherwise he advise the user to correct his own post.
    - The user cannot edit the post because it is visible only to moderators and admins.

Solutions? Thanks

nobody?

Comment

This would require some custom coding. Basically you want moderated posts to be both visible and editable by the owner of the post.

I would just copy their post and quote it to them and tell them to resubmit it.

Comment

How is this Moderated Forum set up?

If you were to just set the Registered Users "Can See Others Posts" to no, wouldn't that work?
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
          How is this Moderated Forum set up?

If you were to just set the Registered Users "Can See Others Posts" to no, wouldn't that work?
          They would only be able to edit them after they are approved as far I am aware.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            They would only be able to edit them after they are approved as far I am aware.
            Ahh yes, to clarify - 'just' set that setting, don't make it moderated. Might not work for him anyway though, after further thought.
            My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
            vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

So I guess that what I need it's not possible.
              It could be an interesting new feature for the user groups to develop into the 4.1.10 release , where should I ask for that?

"Allow user to edit its own moderated post ..... Yes/No"

Comment

Originally posted by LukeNet View Post
                where should I ask for that?

Modification Requests/Questions (Unpaid)
                Requests For Paid Services

Comment

Originally posted by LukeNet View Post
                  So I guess that what I need it's not possible.
                  It could be an interesting new feature for the user groups to develop into the 4.1.10 release , where should I ask for that?

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...20&issuetype=2

However 4.1.10 should be entering beta soon so it is too late to have such a feature added to that version.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Submission done, thanks everybody

Comment

Do you confirm me that this feature is not still available?

Comment

It isn't available. If the JIRA changes, then you would be emailed on its new status.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X