Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Find latest posts/thread caching

Hey,

When you visit a member's profile, you have the Find latest posts and Find latest started threads in the left, my question is, what cache that does 2 options have and where/if I can control them. For example, I've found a spammer this morning and he had about 12 posts and I wanted to see them all. His latest activity was "4 hours ago" and both options displayed "no matches".

Tnx in advance for any help
    SWTOR Forums | Software Forums

so..nobody can help?

Comment

one more bump, since I didn't resolve it and it's very annoying. if anyone knows..please

Comment

i add my voice to yours , i posted also about that annoying new feature with no reply so far .

"FIND LATEST POSTS" SUCKS

Comment

The only reason I can think "Find Latest Posts" isn't showing a post is if the forum the post was posted in was set to not index posts in the search engine. Find Latest Posts only shows posts which were indexed.

Comment

the find latest posts/thread does return searches but only after many hours, that's our problem. the question is, is there a settings somewhere to lower the cache or whatever is keeping this at such a high value?

Comment

Are you using some sort of 3rd party caching or a slave database? On my vbulletin it is instantaenous. There is no vBulletin option for this.
              Are you using something like cloudflare?

Comment

nop, only memcached but I don't think that has something to do with it + I think 4-5 hours of caching is too much for any 3rd party caching

maybe it's a bug in 4.1.8?
                Last edited by vexxy; Sun 25 Dec '11, 8:29am.

Comment

Did you delete his posts already? Even soft-deleted, they probably won't show up in those searches. The only place the searches would be cached is in the searchlog table and then only for an hour.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

nop, I didn't delete anything...i conducted several test on a few users. For example, last night (my time) a user registered and posted about 13 posts. This morning when I wanted to view latest posts from that user, the same thing appeared, so I was unable to view what that users posted..I just went manually and looked him up all over the place, which made me waste 1h or so. The last post posted by the users had almost 6 hours.

Comment

You will need to open a support ticket with full access to your site.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X