Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moved servers -- all timestamps are fine except forum block timestamps are broken.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Moved servers -- all timestamps are fine except forum block timestamps are broken.

Hi guys,

I had my forum (vB 4.2.2) on a server where the server's timezone was set to US Eastern time. At that time, the forum was also set to US Eastern as the default timezone offset.

I then moved the forum last night to a new server that is set to US Pacific timezone and went ahead and changed the forum in admincp -- options -- settings to also be set to Pacific timezone.

Now posts are showing up with the correct timestamps everywhere but in the forum blocks in the sidebar. In the latest posts block, they are still showing the time as if it was set to US Eastern. This is for new posts also -- a post will have the correct timestamp in the forum area but the wrong timestamp in the sidebar block.

I've cleared system cache, purged block cache, and am at my wit's end at what to do to make this work.

Also, I have confirmed via ssh into the box and typing in date that the server time matches what the forum time should be:

Code:
    [email protected] [~]# date
    Thu Mar 13 08:13:38 PDT 2014
    Thank you!
    Location Import Error Fix For Facebook Connect Users

I also have: date.timezone="America/Los_Angeles" in the server's php.ini (at /usr/local/lib/php.ini) and cPanel has the server time set to the same timezone.

I've found that if I comment out this line and restart apache, the forum block's time changes again, however the rest of the posts in the main forum section still show the correct time.

No idea why the forum blocks in the sidebar are calculating time differently.

Comment

The option in the AdminCP only affects guest users. Time Zones for users are set in your UserCP settings. Each user can have their own.

The block itself is cached so if you changed your time zone, then it would be off until the cache is renewed. Emptying the system cache under Maintenance in the AdminCP should clear it.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne,

I have tried clearing the system cache, as well as "purge cache" in the forum blocks menu, as well as changing the block cache time to 1 minute. None of these seem to have made any change...and I have waited on the cache to renew and it doesn't seem to have made a difference.

Even guests are seeing the difference (with regular forum posts showing one timezone, and the forum blocks showing another timezone).

Any idea?

Comment

Delete the block and recreate it.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Ok, didn't work. These are the exact steps I took:

1) Cleared system cache
            2) Deleted block
            3) Purge cache
            4) Cleared system cache
            5) Created new block with cache time of 1 minute.

The same post on the forum shows 2:05 PM, and the forum block shows it as 5:05 PM.

Is there something in includes/class_block.php that is calculating the time differently?

Thank you for helping.

Comment

Have you tried disabling your modifications to see if one of them is causing the issue?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Yeah, I disabled them via config.php with define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true); in my config.php and didn't make any difference.

Really appreciate you guys helping....any other ideas as to what could be causing it?
                Last edited by GasMan320; Thu 13 Mar '14, 5:45pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X