Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preview image brigher than original image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Could be something in your GD library. We don't actually support PHP 5.5.X with vBulletin 4.2.2 and haven't done any testing on it.

Leave a comment:

• maipoman
    replied
    I have it set to "GD." Could it be that the web host has updated this function and that it's a new feature to brighten thumbnail images that I can't control? Like I said, this started happening this week. It didn't do this before.

I'm using PHP 5.5.9

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Image is resized using the image processing library you have selected. We don't have a lot of control over contrast and brightness though. It depends on the libraries being used. Make sure you're using the latest GD or ImageMagick libraries.

Leave a comment:

• maipoman
    started a topic Preview image brigher than original image?

Preview image brigher than original image?

This last week, I've experienced a weird behavior with the article preview images on my site - they are brighter and published with a higher contrast than the original images. Sort of like on Youtube. I'm pretty sure I haven't changed any settings, and I can't find any setting that does this... Does anyone know why this is happening?

Here's an example of what I mean. The first pic is the preview image, and the second is the article image.