pic size in previews CMS 4.1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] pic size in previews CMS 4.1.5

I'm trying to verify whether or not you can have images larger than thumbnails in the preview sections of articles. I looked at Lynne's tutorial thread on recreating the CMS home page, and the original CMS page she was recreating had a larger than thumbnail image (lion fish I believe) in the first article, which then had a "read more" page break in it. The rest of the articles below it appeared to have only thumbnails. Her subsequent screen shots of her recreation had only thumbnail sized images.

After playing with the several various settings (both admin and front side) that control image size and presentation, this is what I've come up with. I can get a proper sized (larger than thumbnail) image in my editor, formatted with the formating controls and publish it just fine. The article itself has the proper size image and the proper formatting. If I use a "read more" page break in the article, the preview has a thumbnail and the actual article still looks correct. If I click the article pencil and edit the settings to "show full content" then the full length article is shown in the preview and home pages with the proper sized image, but obviously affected by the column settings. This is with the "use settings from:" options set to "section page and content page". The same thing happens with "section page only" but the "content page only" produces thumbnails again.

I can live with thumbnails in all my previews, and proper image size and formatting in the actual article, but I would really like to have larger images (larger than thumbnails) in my previews. Anybody know how to do this, or is this no longer available? Thank you in advance.

Check the setting AdminCP > Settings > Options > Content Management > Use Thumbnails in Preview

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Hi Lynne, I have that already. My question is whether I can get the images LARGER than thumbnail size, in the snippets (which I am assuming is the same as previews???). They show up the correct size in the article, but not in the snippets if I use a "read more" page break.

Comment

You have what already? If you have that set to Yes, then you will get thumbnails. If you have it set to No, then you may use CSS to change the size.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Where is Lynne's tutorial thread on recreating the CMS home page??

Comment

Any tutorials I have written should be in the Quick Tips forum. I think that specific one was even promoted to an Article. It was written prior to vB4 being released though, so to be honest, I'm not even sure if it is correct any longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
              Any tutorials I have written should be in the Quick Tips forum. I think that specific one was even promoted to an Article. It was written prior to vB4 being released though, so to be honest, I'm not even sure if it is correct any longer.

Thank you very much Lynne ... I will like to have a look anyways ... I have to recreate the front page for a Newspaper !!!! I think it wont be that easy and everything will help ...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X