Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem After Upgrading to 4.1.8!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [CMS] Problem After Upgrading to 4.1.8!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP ASAP!

    Ok, so I just update to vb 4.1.8 and now when I creat an article there is no toolbar in the editor! Thus I cannot upload any images to my articles. Additionally, when I click on manage attachments it give me an internal server error! WHAT IS GOING ON, I THOUGHT THE UPGRADE WAS TO FIX BUGS NOT CREATE THEM! PLEASE HELP!!!!
    a

  • #2
    Have you tried a hard refresh in the browser OR using the default style?
    anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
    Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
    Please be my friend!
    http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
    vBulletin Performance Articles:
    Click here to read

    Comment


    • #3
      See: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...-Release-4-1-8
      Translations provided by Google.

      Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

      Comment


      • #4
        I am not sure how this helps me???? I am using the default style. Could you explain what is going on and why it doesn't work please?
        a

        Comment


        • #5
          AdminCP > Settings > Options > Style & Language settings

          Make sure the mobile style is set to none for both old and new browsers.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Zachery View Post
            AdminCP > Settings > Options > Style & Language settings

            Make sure the mobile style is set to none for both old and new browsers.
            Ok, I did this and they are both set to none, however the problem still exists.
            a

            Comment


            • #7
              This is the error I get if I try to click on the manage attachments button (not to mention, the toolbar still is not showing):

              Internal Server Error

              The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable
              to complete your request.

              Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and
              inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
              that may have caused the error.

              More information about this error may be available in the server error
              log.

              Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying
              to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
              a

              Comment


              • #8
                Try the following in your config file:

                define("DISABLE_HOOKS", true);
                ini_set("display_errors", 1);


                Are you still getting internal server errors?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  Try the following in your config file:

                  define("DISABLE_HOOKS", true);
                  ini_set("display_errors", 1);


                  Are you still getting internal server errors?
                  When I went to go do this, I noticed that there are two config files on my server - there is "config.php" and "config.php.new" the config.php.new was loaded today and is listed as a text file - is this the problem???? Is it possible that the file was not overwritten correctly?
                  a

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No... It isn't a problem. We name the file with the .new extension specifically so it doesn't override your config.php file.

                    The thread above has a series of lines to common issues that occur after upgrading them. Going through those issues tend to solve problems for people. That is why it is there and why I linked it.
                    Translations provided by Google.

                    Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      No... It isn't a problem. We name the file with the .new extension specifically so it doesn't override your config.php file.

                      The thread above has a series of lines to common issues that occur after upgrading them. Going through those issues tend to solve problems for people. That is why it is there and why I linked it.
                      Ok well none of them worked and I still cannot post any articles. Running the VBulletin suite does me no good whatsoever if I cannot post articles - so I need to get this solved ASAP. There were no problems that I encountered while upgrading and I followed the directions to a T, so I do not understand why this is happening but I need help fixing please.
                      a

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Next step is to start a support ticket and provide us admincp and ftp access.

                        Comment

                        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X