Images being re-sized unwantedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Images being re-sized unwantedly

My uploaded images keep being re-sized smaller for no apparent reason... for instance if I upload a picture from my computer to an album or post that is 800px wide, it was some times getting uploaded at 800px, some times at 750px and recently at 620px or 518px. I tried globally turning off plugins and it made no difference. If I upload pictures to a folder on my server and then use image tags in a post they are shown at the correct size. This is extremely frustrating and annoying! I'm using a fresh install of vBulletin version 4.1.8 and this happens with a custom style or the default. Any help with getting this issue solved will be appreciated greatly. Link to my site http://panaworldonline.com/forum.php
    Last edited by PaulKet; Fri 2 Dec '11, 5:28pm.

how big is the filesize of the image?
    How big is the height and width?
    Are ANY of these too large for the attachment type?

Comment

Thank you for the fast reply, Zachery.

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      how big is the filesize of the image?
      All of the images are around 92kb, well within the max upload size.

How big is the height and width?
      Most are 800px wide by 533px high.

Are ANY of these too large for the attachment type?
      No, I went through all of the attachment types earlier and the images are not too large. A few days ago the images were being uploaded at the correct size and nothing on the site was changed that should have effected their size.

Comment

See here for an example of what is happening... http://panaworldonline.com/members/p...a-romania.html

Every picture in that album was the same size BEFORE it was uploaded and not one of them is the same size now.

Comment

In the stylevars there is image_med_max. Set that to the size you want displayed. I used to set it to a certain amount of pixels. Now I just set it to 100% and it shows the image slightly resized to fit in the boundaries of the forum width. That works for the images linked from the album to a post.
          For the albums you can trick the browser in to setting a size that fits the image within the width boundaries of the album WHEN an image is viewed by clicking on the thumb.
          Code:
          #picturelink img {
          width:100%;
          }
          Pop that in the additional.css then click save and reload.
          Also check your settings for max in the config.php file. It's at the bottom. That tells vb when an image is larger than the height and width numbers, to attempt to resize it down to those numbers. Normally the default setting works just fine. If you change them don't go hog wild.

Comment

Thank you for the reply and trying to help, setishock. Your suggestions distort images that were uploaded at a smaller size than the width of the forum... it works ok with horizontal/landscape type images but not with vertical images. The image sizes set in the config.php are much larger than what the uploaded images are on my site.

My site is dedicated to travel and photography, I need to get this taken care of as soon as possible. I can't have members unsure of what size their uploaded pictures will be and I can't start new threads that will have pictures in them with different sizes... which is almost all of them.

Comment

I got the issue straightened out thanks to someone over at vBulletin.org , customer support here is less than ideal (to put it politely).

Comment

This is the community support forums, did you put in a ticket? Tickets are for prioirty support.

What was the issue?

Comment