X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cammot
    replied
    Originally posted by donald1234 View Post
    What is the max_allowed_packet size? You should see it on your server stats when you log in to your admincp, if it says something like 1mb ask your host to increase it to 32 or even 64mbs ans see if that cures the problem.
    ​Thank You Donald1234 !! This worked.

The original mysql max allowed size was 1m. I spoke with the server people and asked them to increase it.

They increased it to 32m and now the menu tab works perfectly !!.

Thanks again for your help.

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    What is the max_allowed_packet size? You should see it on your server stats when you log in to your admincp, if it says something like 1mb ask your host to increase it to 32 or even 64mbs ans see if that cures the problem.

Leave a comment:

• cammot
    replied
    hmm that's a server config issue, often caused by the mysql max_allowed_packet size or wait timeout being set too low. You should talk to your host about this issue.
    Thanks Donald1234. I spent some time last speaking with my host people in an effort to resolve this, but they too were completely mystified and puzzled as to why this maybe occurring with that just one menu tab. In the end the technician assumed that the mysql database or the respective table might just be corrupt, and so decided to restore a previously working backup !. interestingly - it may no differences. Not sure if they restored it properly - but it still does not work and they can't understand why.

This now leaves me with further brainstorming to do - if it helps you understand the issue better - let me explain what I was last thing I was doing when this problem started - it may offer a clue as to where the problems lies, if this helps !. I was in the Admin CP in the XML site map, and went to the 'manage control priority', here I played with the settings for both the Forum and CMS, but eventually settled on the default settings. I am just wondering, if this might have triggered the problem ?.

Another clue that I could offer is the 'Add Tab' in Navigation manager. When I first set up the CMS, I put as the target url - just content.php instead of the full path, i.e. content.php{session.sessionurl_q} - I am just wondering if the wrong url could have sent a large large packet size that caused the problem with the either the database, table or file ?.

Hope you are others can try and think up what else could be causing this problem.

Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    hmm that's a server config issue, often caused by the mysql max_allowed_packet size or wait timeout being set too low. You should talk to your host about this issue.

Leave a comment:

• cammot
    replied
    CMS is content.php{session.sessionurl_q} and forum is .forum.php{session.sessionurl_q}
    Thanks Donald1234. I have run into another problem. For the CMS Tab, which I have the target Url - content.php[session.sessionurl_q} - now I am getting an error page that states this:

Database error in vBulletin 4.2.2:

Invalid SQL:

REPLACE INTO cache
    SET cacheid = 'widget....

MySQL Error : MySQL server has gone away
    Error Number : 2006
    Request Date : Tuesday, January 28th 2014 @ 12:52:26 AM

Could you suggest how I might fix this.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    CMS is content.php{session.sessionurl_q} and forum is .forum.php{session.sessionurl_q}

Leave a comment:

• cammot
    replied
    It should be activity.php{session.sessionurl_q} for what's new tab
    Thanks donald1234 - That worked - Thanks.

BTW, what should the target URL be for the Frontpage or Home Page ?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    It should be activity.php{session.sessionurl_q} for what's new tab

Leave a comment:

• cammot
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    What is the Target URL for the What's New tab?

The Target URL for the What's New Tab is: forum.php{session.sessionurl_q}

Does this provide any clue as to what maybe wrong ?. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    What is the Target URL for the What's New tab?

Here is a page from the manual about troubleshooting blank or 'white' pages: https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/blank_pages You should check in your error_logs (if you don't know where they are, ask your host) first since that is the best place to start troubleshooting this issue.

Leave a comment:

• cammot
    started a topic Menu Links Not Working Properly

Menu Links Not Working Properly

Appreciate any help with this issue I am having with vB 4.2.2 suite. The menu links work - but erratic. I have a 'What's New' Tab, 'Forum Tab and two vBa Tabs for 'Dynamics' and 'Links'. I also just created a 'Home' Tab that I created thru Navigation Manager, using a Target URL - content.php. I was really pleased that I finally was able to create this 'Home' Tab for the CMS that I plan to update with - But here's the issue: When I first open the site it lands on the Forum Tab, from there I am able to click on the Home Tab and successfully get there, then I can click and go back to the Forum tab successfully too - But if I try to click the Home Tab again to get back there, I end up with a blank Page. I have to close and open the site or clear the cache on CP Maintenance, to get it to work, but it will only do it one time, then start going to a blank page the second time around. My 'What's New' Tab also does not work, and is showing the forum.php as its path !!

Any help on this, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks