Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edit Post not working? Blank box and won't go to Advanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by vB-Tr View Post
    if l edit post

box is blank.

vbulletin: 4.2.2
    php version: 5.4.23

who can help me ?
    Please start your own topic with full details of the problem and we'll try to help.

Leave a comment:

• vB-Tr
    replied
    if l edit post

box is blank.

vbulletin: 4.2.2
    php version: 5.4.23

who can help me ?

Leave a comment:

• Eagle-Mark
    replied
    Found it!

New update of Advanced System Care installed a Surfing Protection extension in Chrome. Actually it has always been there but seems latest update causes the issue! Turned it off and all is well.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle-Mark
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    When you say "Try to Go Advanced and that does not work either", what actually happens?
    When I click on Edit Post the Edit Post box appears and there is nothing in it. None of the buttons work, Save, Edit, Go Advanced, Delete.

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    What version of php is the server running? Bear in mind that 4.2.1 is not compatible with php 5.4, you need 4.2.2 for that.
    Happening on 4.2.1 and 4.2.2, I will have to see what is on server now?

Since it's not overly reported I'm guessing it has to do with my PC and recent updates as the problem just surfaced within the last few weeks. Would still appreciate help as to where to look? I'm not the only one reporting it on my site. But I have the same problem on other sites as well.

Just checked and seems the problem does not exist in IE, not sure what update is there as I usually use Chrome latest version.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    There is no bug with vBulletin that's causing this, if there was we'd have loads of people reporting it.

When you say "Try to Go Advanced and that does not work either", what actually happens?

What version of php is the server running? Bear in mind that 4.2.1 is not compatible with php 5.4, you need 4.2.2 for that.

Leave a comment:

• Eagle-Mark
    replied
    This seems to be a problem with all vB 4.2.1 and 4.2.2 forums I visit. There has to be something wrong in either vB software or my browsers? Jave updates? Come on, someone give me direction to look, I' stumped?

Leave a comment:

• Edit Post not working? Blank box and won't go to Advanced?

This just started on my PC and thought it had something to do with a recent upgrade to site. But seems to be happening on other vB websites as well?

When I try to Edit a post I made or a post from someone else as Admin, the edit box is blank, there's nothing to edit? Try to Go Advanced and that does not work either?

Any ideas of what is going wrong?

vBulletin 4.2.1 and 4.2.2