first post deleted and the whole thread is gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] first post deleted and the whole thread is gone

i just deleted the first post of a thread (physically) and the whole thread disappeared!!!

is it gone forever?

Originally posted by dimitrios View Post
    i just deleted the first post of a thread (physically) and the whole thread disappeared!!!

is it gone forever?
    Yes.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

shouldn't be there some warning that when you delete this one post, all subsequent posts will be deleted too? how is one to know?

Comment

common sense tells you deleting the first post will remove the whole topic

Comment

shouldn't be there some warning that when you delete this one post, all subsequent posts will be deleted too? how is one to know?

Click image for larger version

Name:	thread delete..PNG
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	3686064
          <<<<<<<<< It is over there !

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewOne View Post
            common sense tells you deleting the first post will remove the whole topic
            no, common sense doesn't tell you this much..

gee, josiah, i didn't notice it, at all.. (in my forum it's not highlighted, check)

Name:	delete.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	3686065

dammit! distaster...

Comment

Common Sense; so rare it is almost a SUPER POWER!
              JerzeeDevil

Comment

Originally posted by LaBella View Post
                Common Sense; so rare it is almost a SUPER POWER!

Name:	commonsense.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	3686070
                "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
                "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
                "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

lol
                  Last edited by TheNewOne; Thu 1st Dec '11, 9:56pm.

Comment

a moderator just informed me that she deleted the first post of a thread and only then she realized that this caused the whole thread to disappear.. Truly, the vb must consider putting some emphasis there, in the warning...

anyway, is there any way i, the administrator, can find and recover the deleted thread, since this was done by a moderator, or is it gone forever?

thnx

Comment

a moderator just informed me that she deleted the first post of a thread and only then she realized that this caused the whole thread to disappear.. Truly, the vb must consider putting some emphasis there, in the warning...

anyway, is there any way i, the administrator, can find and recover the deleted thread, since this was done by a moderator, or is it gone forever?

thnx
                      Soft deleted: it is still there.
                      Physically removed: it's gone forever.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

It wouldn't make a difference. People who don't take the time to read a page will never pay attention to any amount of emphasis put into warnings. For example, on the Contact Us page of one of my forums I have it stated in extra large, bold, red text that messages regarding a certain topic will be ignored, and should not be sent. But almost every day someone uses that page to send a message about that certain topic anyway. I could make the warning in 500px text and they'd still do it. So if you have a moderator who doesn't pay attention to details, the problem isn't with vBulletin.
                        ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

Well since the first post is the start of the thread, then yes removing the first post will remove the thread. If you have SQL backups you can revive the thread. How any new post since then will also be removed. Looks like a lost topic and reminder to train your mods a little better. The reason it is not highlighted is you have a custom style and the css was probably removed.
                          My statements are based on the forums not the CMS as I do not and will not use it.
                          If I wanted faulty software I would code it my self. When I pay I expect to get what is advertised. I do not feel I got what I paid for.
                          In an honest opinion I feel I paid for vB 5.0 beta 7

Comment

I think that after pressing enter you should get a warning window "Are you sure you want to proceed? This action will delete the whole thread!".. and i am absolutely sure this would spare us lots of kind of accidents..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X