Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BCasanave
    replied
    Update - we discovered what the issue was. We made an additional customization to that page that allowed the user to set the height for the treeview box in the user settings area. In the code we had not added the "px" to the customization that called the users defined height identifying the variable as pixels. We've had this customization in place for several revisions/years, and this was never an issue in the past. For whatever reason it no longer worked. Thanks to all that looked into this on our behalf!

Leave a comment:

• henryhank
    replied
    I think it has to do with caching the posts. At some point, the page needs to go back to the server for a batch of posts.. when that happens, the page jumps down to the postbit part, but after that, the buttons do work normally until the next server call. But I did see it jumping down to postbit on every click of "next" at least a few instances where caching would not have taken place.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    I see when you hit "Previous Post" on the very first post, or "Next Post" on the very last post, it looks like the whole page refreshes and you go to the very last (or very first) post in the thread. Could that be it?

Leave a comment:

• henryhank
    replied
    I'm seeing that behavior in Google Chrome (windows) but only intermittently. Most of the time it is working, but yeah, a few times I saw how it jumped down to the postbit part below the threaded list box. As much as I try, I can't replicate it now, but it was happening a few times.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    When I press Next Post or Previous Post the page doesn't move at all.

Are you sure you are pressing Next Post and not Next Thread?

What web browser are you having the problem with? I'm using Chrome.

Leave a comment:

• BCasanave
    replied
    Certainly. Below is a post with 82 replies, and I prime example why having the screen scroll up to the posttree is problematic. Many of our users prefer threaded mode. I'm surprised it's losing support.

http://support.dataaccess.com/Forums...aper-published

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    Originally posted by BCasanave View Post
    I've successfully applied the suggested to code to put back the "Previous Post / Next Post" links. We are having a small issue with the functionality, however.

In previous versions of vBulletin, when one of those links were clicked the the screen did not shift up or down at all. The postbit section remained stationary, and the previous/next post in the thread appeared in the postbit box.

Now when a user clicks the previous/next post link the corresponding message appears, but the screen scrolls up to the Threaded View (posttree) box where the current poster's name is highlighted. The user then has to scroll back down to view the post in the postbit section. We often have very long threads, and this is quite an annoying thing to have to do when you have 20-80 posts you want to read in a single thread.

Any idea of how to stop the screen from scrolling up to the highlighted name in the posttree when either the previous post or next post link is clicked? Many thanks!

Forum: support.dataaccess.com
    Honestly, not sure much can be done- but if you can post a link to one of the threads where you have this problem I'll take a look to see if there is something I can see that can be changed/fixed. Very few people still use threaded mode so it doesn't come up often. It isn't even an option in VB5.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    Those links were never in 4.x.x, but oddly enough, they were put back in 4.2.3.

See http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-15922

Leave a comment:

• BCasanave
    replied
    I've successfully applied the suggested to code to put back the "Previous Post / Next Post" links. We are having a small issue with the functionality, however.

In previous versions of vBulletin, when one of those links were clicked the the screen did not shift up or down at all. The postbit section remained stationary, and the previous/next post in the thread appeared in the postbit box.

Now when a user clicks the previous/next post link the corresponding message appears, but the screen scrolls up to the Threaded View (posttree) box where the current poster's name is highlighted. The user then has to scroll back down to view the post in the postbit section. We often have very long threads, and this is quite an annoying thing to have to do when you have 20-80 posts you want to read in a single thread.

Any idea of how to stop the screen from scrolling up to the highlighted name in the posttree when either the previous post or next post link is clicked? Many thanks!

Forum: support.dataaccess.com

Leave a comment:

• henryhank
    replied
    Great, thanks again for your assistance.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by henryhank View Post
    Is there a plugin hook I can use instead of modifying all the style templates individually? thanks.
    You can put your forums into Debug mode and edit the Master Style. You have to be careful here because all styles are based on this. Add this line in includes/config.php to enter debug mode:
    Code:
    $config['Misc']['debug'] = true;  
    Remove it to exit.

Leave a comment:

• henryhank
    replied
    Is there a plugin hook I can use instead of modifying all the style templates individually? thanks.

Leave a comment:

• henryhank
    replied
    Great, thanks, that did it. They're just hanging out there without any background bar like the top of the list box, but I can figure something out. My users will be thankful.

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied
    I believe if you edit your showthread_list template and add this code at the bottom you should get back Prev/Next links, it works for me.

Code:
    <div align="center">
    <a href="javascript:showPrevNextPost(0)">Prev</a>
            &nbsp;
    <a href="javascript:showPrevNextPost(1)">Next</a>
    </div>
    You could add images back for arrows or whatever else you want to do to make it fancy.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Sorry for the confusion. We don't use threaded mode. I don't even think it is tested. I don't know why they were removed. I can't find an issue report to restore them in our system. I don't know how to restore those links at this time.

Several of the support staff are looking into whether they can be restored with a template edit.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 17th Jan '14, 12:09pm.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X