Restoring "Prev" and "Next" buttons/links in threaded mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring "Prev" and "Next" buttons/links in threaded mode

I just upgraded to vB 4.2.2 and my users are complaining about the loss of the "Prev" and "Next" buttons/links that used to appear below the threaded mode post window. How can I restore those?
    thanks.

Upgrading to 4.2.2 shouldn't have affected functionality like this. What version did you upgrade from?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      Upgrading to 4.2.2 shouldn't have affected functionality like this. What version did you upgrade from?
      Thanks for your reply. I upgraded from 3.8.2... and I loaded all new styles. The "Prev/Next" buttons are not even on the default VB4 style.

Comment

Just to clarify, these are the links which are missing from my vB4.2.2 version..

The "Previous/Next" Thread links at the bottom of each thread work fine.

Comment

And ideas on this issue? Thanks.

Comment

They should be there by default in a vBulletin 4.X install. They would appear under the Editor Box in the default style. If they aren't then something went wrong with your upgrade. Unfortunately, I can't guess as to what. You'll need to open a support ticket so someone can look at it.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks. I'm pretty good at diagnosing things like this -- can you point me in the right direction as to which style template or PHP file they are rendered in, so I can poke around and see what's going wrong?

Comment

On the page that you're looking at in your screenshot above, scroll to the bottom of the page. Do you see the links under the Edit Box?

The template is SHOWTHREAD

Wayne Luke

Comment

Yes, I see the Next/Prev THREAD links under the edit box. What I am missing is, in Threaded mode, in the threaded post list box at the top, the Next/Prev links to go forward/backwards in the thread list ... the image above is from my previous vB 3.8 forum where those two links existed. In vB 4.2.2, my users aren't seeing those two links, and would like them back, if possible.

thanks for your help.

Comment

Yes, they were moved under the Edit Box so that redundant code could be removed from the system. You'll have to copy them back into that location if you wish to have the redundancy. Very few customers even use threaded mode.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I'm sorry, but I'm not talking about the Prev/Next THREAD buttons, I'm talking about the Prev/Next POST links. In my image above from vB3.8, those two links go from post-to-post in the same thread in the threaded display box. They do not go to the next/prev thread. Why were they removed in vB4.0? I understand that not many people use threaded mode, but for those people who do (alot on my site), those links were very useful for navigating the posts within a thread without having to actually click on each post in the thread in the threaded post list box.

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. We don't use threaded mode. I don't even think it is tested. I don't know why they were removed. I can't find an issue report to restore them in our system. I don't know how to restore those links at this time.

Several of the support staff are looking into whether they can be restored with a template edit.
                        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 17th Jan '14, 12:09pm.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I believe if you edit your showthread_list template and add this code at the bottom you should get back Prev/Next links, it works for me.

Code:
                          <div align="center">
                          <a href="javascript:showPrevNextPost(0)">Prev</a>
                                  &nbsp;
                          <a href="javascript:showPrevNextPost(1)">Next</a>
                          </div>
                          You could add images back for arrows or whatever else you want to do to make it fancy.

Comment

Great, thanks, that did it. They're just hanging out there without any background bar like the top of the list box, but I can figure something out. My users will be thankful.

Comment

Is there a plugin hook I can use instead of modifying all the style templates individually? thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X