Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tsptom
    replied
    Thanks, but don't you think this should be automated? If someone no longer has permission to access a forum, shouldn't their subscriptions and notifications be cancelled? With thousands of members it would be tough to do manually.

Just a suggestion, assuming it is not done that way now, which it how it appears.

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can unsubscribe all users from a thread in the AdminCP under Threads and Posts -> Unsubscribe.

You can also remove all subscriptions from a specific user for all threads in a single forum there.

Leave a comment:

• tsptom
    replied
    Should I open a support ticket?

Leave a comment:

• tsptom
    replied
    A little follow up...

It turns out that people who were not paying for a service we provide, were still getting the information in email notifications, even after their permissions to a forum were taken away. Having a member get notifications (with potentially sensitive material) from threads they don't have access to sounds like a bug to me.

I wrote a script to delete from the subscribethread table each night because I couldn't find a way to cancel these thread subscriptions, but my question is still...

Is there a way to automatically stop the thread notifications once a member no longer has access to a private forum?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• tsptom
    started a topic Thread Notifications to Members Without Access

Thread Notifications to Members Without Access

I have some private Forums set up with threads that send instant notification to subscribed members.

The problem is, when a member no longer has permission to access these Forums, they are still getting the thread notifications with post information in it.

Is there a way to automatically stop the thread notifications once a member no longer has access to a forum?

Thanks.
    Last edited by tsptom; Sat 11 Jan '14, 5:57pm.