Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Different forum blocks for different usergroups

Hi :

In vB3 I had latest threads for different user groups using template conditionals. Say usergroup4 saw the latest threads for forum 4 and usergroup5 saw the latest threads for forums 5 and 6.

How can I accomplish that in vB4?

Thanks
    Vote for these issues:

You could probably use the same query, but different template code of course, for vB4. Just put it into a php block.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

What php code do I need for it to display a Latest Threads or New Forum Posts with the options in the standard blocks?
      Vote for these issues:

Comment

I don't understand your question. There are already Latest Threads and Latest Forum Posts forum block available for use. You said in vb3 you had special queries to make special blocks on your site and I said if you want those special blocks on your site, then you could probably just use the same query. If you need help with that, then I'd suggest asking over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          There are already Latest Threads and Latest Forum Posts forum block available for use.
          Yes, but template conditionals cannot be applied to them so that different usergroups see Latest Threads or Posts for different subforums.

You said in vb3 you had special queries to make special blocks on your site
          Not really, I just used the "official" Latest Threads javascript provided here, which obviously never was a very integrated solution. But now I'd like to use standard forum blocks and widgets with standard looks.

One should be able to apply conditionals to standard blocks. Since this is not possible, I guess I just need the very same php code that gets used for the Latest Threads and Posts.
          Vote for these issues:

Comment

It sounds like you are going to need a custom block. If you need help with that, the place to go is vbulletin.org, the modification site.

Comment

It sounds like you are going to need a custom block
              There really should be a way to apply template conditionals to standard forum blocks to accomplish this sort of thing (right now you can, but only if you just need one instance with one set of parameters, since one cannot assign a specific template to a standard block, unlike PHP/HTML blocks). Chances are I will not get an answer at vbulletin.org (the php to show STANDARD latest threads or posts with options is needed, I guess that the php for his is actually somewhere and used every time such a block is used) and I'll have to use the external call and javascript, which is pretty sad, and restricted to latest threads.

Same for CMS widgets, I guess.

Very sad.

In the old days you could control anything STANDARD via templates, but it seems we are getting away from that (the editor is now not in a template so that, again, one cannot apply conditionals to it).
              Vote for these issues:

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X