Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deleting over 110,000 spam users joined after a certain date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Deleting over 110,000 spam users joined after a certain date?

Something messed up the anti-spam registration of my forum and when I know it, it's got over 110,000 spam users registered by bots.

Is there any easy way to delete so many users joined after a certain date? Say I want to delete all users (over 110,000 of them) joined after April, 2013. All users thereafter. How?

Thanks!
    Every time I think of a potential way to delight people, I make a website. Otherwise I'm looking for the web hosting deals.

Anyone please?
    Every time I think of a potential way to delight people, I make a website. Otherwise I'm looking for the web hosting deals.

Comment

You might be able to do something like: create a new "junk" usergroup, then use a query to find users whose joindate is > a certain value and set the usergroupid to your new group, then use the "Prune/Move Users" function in the admincp to delete all users in your junk group. But changing the database directly is dangerous, so don't do it if you have no idea what's going on, and if you do try it at least have a backup before doing anything.

Comment

Originally posted by kh99 View Post
        You might be able to do something like: create a new "junk" usergroup, then use a query to find users whose joindate is > a certain value and set the usergroupid to your new group, then use the "Prune/Move Users" function in the admincp to delete all users in your junk group. But changing the database directly is dangerous, so don't do it if you have no idea what's going on, and if you do try it at least have a backup before doing anything.
        Thanks for the reply kh99. So basically there's no way to easily delete a large amount of users in vBulletin? Other than directly tampling with the database tables?

Comment

AdminCP - Users - Prune Users...

Have it pull up all the users past the date you want, then prune them.
          No, my site isn't about Motorcycle Maintenance...

Comment

With the number of users, the queries above are probably your best bet. I would recommend creating a database backup before and running a test first.. To test the queries use SELECT * FROM instead of DELETE FROM at the beginning.

I'd also add "AND postcount >1" at the end of the query to help weed out legitimate users. You may still lose some legitimate users that never registered.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X