Questions about Panjo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Panjo

So I've been thinking about installing the Panjo Marketplace for my forum, and a few things had me wondering. I tried searching for some answers, but I've fallen short in that. If anyone can answer these, I'd be extremely grateful.

1. Do Buyers and Sellers have to strictly use PayPal to conduct their transactions?

2. Panjo mentions buyer protection if sellers don't deliver their items, but how is this achieved actually?

3. For the forum's optional collected transaction fees, how does Panjo actually pay the forum listing the items?

Originally posted by Yanfly View Post
    So I've been thinking about installing the Panjo Marketplace for my forum, and a few things had me wondering. I tried searching for some answers, but I've fallen short in that. If anyone can answer these, I'd be extremely grateful.
    1. Do Buyers and Sellers have to strictly use PayPal to conduct their transactions?
    2. Panjo mentions buyer protection if sellers don't deliver their items, but how is this achieved actually?
    3. For the forum's optional collected transaction fees, how does Panjo actually pay the forum listing the items?

1. At present (March 19, 2014) buyers and sellers do not have to strictly use PayPal to conduct their transactions. PayPal is the payment payment processor. If a seller lists an item for sale and chooses to use the integrated payment processing features, then a buyer can purchase the item with a Visa, Master Card, Discover, AMEX, PayPal or their international counterparts. A seller can choose to collect payment on his/her own. A buyer and seller could choose to message one another and complete a transaction offline. We have an outstanding requires to make the payment processing required. That feature, when implemented, would simply remove the option to post an item and indicate that you want to collect payment on your own. That feature would not block buyers and sellers from sending messages to one another to arrange payment off line.

2. Due to the fact Panjo uses PayPal for payment processing, Panjo has integrated with the PayPal chained payments API in such a way that buyers are afforded the full suite f buyer protections offered by PayPal's dispute resolution service. Thus, a buyer would get a full refund from PayPal in the case of a seller who didn't deliver an item.

3. Panjo collects and transfers a forum's transaction fees on a quarterly basis via check or PayPal.

Feel free to call or email anytime for answers to questions about the Panjo classifieds plugin for vBulletin: 1 (424) 272-0291 [email protected]

Panjo classifieds plugin for vBulletin

Comment

are forum transaction fees mandatory? i'm not sure I really need to be charging my membership to use our classifieds area. How does Panjo make money from classifieds activity?

Comment

Probably best to ask this on the Panjo website....Panjo reps aren't here that often to be honest.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

would you happen to know the answer?

Comment

Originally posted by webducknj View Post
            would you happen to know the answer?
            I don't, I'm sorry. I'm not too familiar with the Panjo business model.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X