• Show
Clear All

• rainbowsix
    replied
    hmmm... nice idea

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    This is what I do to deal with the problem of spammers.

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...-on-your-forum

Leave a comment:

• rainbowsix
    replied
    Originally posted by beishe8 View Post
    Unfortunately the answer is NO.

Switching off validation is the only way to solve your problem.
    I check the forum..all the validations are off

Moderate Posts(Require moderator validation before new posts are displayed)
    No
    Moderate Threads(Require moderator validation before new threads are displayed)
    No
    Moderate Attachments(Require moderator validation before new attachments are displayed)
    No

Leave a comment:

• rainbowsix
    replied
    how?

what if you have 10 posts a day? and you miss checking them for 2-3 days? Where is your time to go through all their posts and check them?
    Last edited by rainbowsix; Sat 26 Nov '11, 12:25pm.

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by rainbowsix View Post
    is there a way to automate the validation...after certain number of posts..??
    Unfortunately the answer is NO.

Switching off validation is the only way to solve your problem.

Leave a comment:

• rainbowsix
    replied
    is there a way to automate the validation...after certain number of posts..?? because you know that user is not a spammer

Leave a comment:

• beishe8
    replied
    Originally posted by rainbowsix View Post
    How come all of the newly created threads from the new user still go to "moderate threads" ?? Even if more than 3 . I dont want them to go to moderate threads because I dont have time to check or validate them. I want the new user just post replies or create new threads and then if they reach a certain number of posts they will become registered user automatically... I need your help
    The software is doing the right thing.
    Spammer comes,creates "certain number" of posts,becoming a member without restrictions?

You or your moderators have to have the time to validate those "certain number" of posts.

Leave a comment:

• rainbowsix
    started a topic [Forum] Automatic Moderate Post

Automatic Moderate Post

Here's my set up

- I have GlowHost Spam O matic mod installed
    - I already disabled auto-moderate and akismet
    - Newbies Manager: Put New User Into Newbies Group? Yes
    - Newbies Manager: Newbies Group ID : 9 (This is the newbies group)
    - Newbies Manager: Auto-promote Users From Newbies To Trusted/Registered Users? Yes
    - Newbies Manager: Trusted/Registered Users Group ID : 2 (This is the registered users group)
    - Newbies Manager: Promotion From Post Count: 3

How come all of the newly created threads from the new user still go to "moderate threads" ?? Even if more than 3 . I dont want them to go to moderate threads because I dont have time to check or validate them. I want the new user just post replies or create new threads and then if they reach a certain number of posts they will become registered user automatically... I need your help

Thanks
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X