Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook Don't show title or a description when sharing a link

Hello

I tried to use the Debug tool Facebook created and found that there is a problem in the link Facebook trying to fetch the details from,

Please check the following image, why showthread appears twice ??

Thanks in advanced

Have you enabled the Facebook Platform in your Settings -> Options -> Facebook Options in Admin CP? You need to provide an App ID and Secret to enable the platform.

Comment

Do I have to enable it to share links correctly on FB ? I doubt, please confirm,

Thank you!!!

Comment

No, you shouldn;t, however, is that page public?

Comment

No you shouldn't have to enable the platform but I have seen enabling the platform correct this issue in the past, but sometimes it doesn't.

Your other option is a manual edit of the SHOWTHREAD template which isn't officially supported but I have provided such instructions here before- please read this thread for a fix - last time it was due to a 3rd party mod but there is a template edit you can make to clear it anyway-

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...rking-properly

PS the plugin causing the problem was Limited Guest View, remember Facebook connects as a guest, if you restrict guest viewing you restrict Facebook.

Comment

Hi Joe,

But does FB spiders allow cookies ? I prevent access by cookies, Googlebots are able to spiders without any issues ?

Even I disabled the plugin, still read the wrong url i posted above,

Should I enable FB plateform ?

Comment

Seems the prob;em solved by this fix : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...87#post3961787

But can you tell me what this line of code did ?

Comment

That line of code manually tells Facebook the URL of the page it is reading/scanning so it always uses the URL you specify- for whatever reason Facebook isn't able to see the right URL on your site.

I know you disabled the mod to test but Facebook Caches pages for days. After disabling the mod you'd have to test off a page that hasn't been shared on Facebook in over a week to truly test if it made any difference.

Comment

That make sense Thank you so much , Joe, I'm speechless

Comment