No announcement yet.

My forum won't let people register.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] My forum won't let people register.

When people try to register on my forum that I have for my website (http://www.nkscouting.com)
    all they get is a blank page. I would appreciate it if someone could help me.

Please see the link below for known causes of blank or white pages and the steps to resolve these:

https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/blank_pages
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Unfortunately, all of the suggestions are over my head. I own a copy of vbulletin and that's all I know about it.

Comment

Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
        Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit includes/config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Sorry, I'm going to have to pay a professional who can come over to my house to solve the problem. I don't know how to disable anything. )

Comment

mmmm, just give it a try! 1st time I installed vBulletin I know nothing about PHP, after trials and mistakes now I can handle PHP codes, creating cusotm plugins to my forum

Originally posted by nkscouting View Post
            Sorry, I'm going to have to pay a professional who can come over to my house to solve the problem. I don't know how to disable anything. )
            EgyKit.com is the 1st 4th generation vBulletin forum that provide 70% adsense revenue sharing for:
            - Thread starter in default, archived thread pages.
            - Auto shortened links for post owners, created automatically once post published!
            - Option to add your Google Analytic ID to track visitors to your threads!
            - Many more privileges for registered members!
            i.e, members will have the best share percentage available on any revenue sharing forum!

Comment

Originally posted by nkscouting View Post
              Use a plain text editor like notepad++ (assuming you are on a PC) and make the change to your config.php file and then upload it to your server. You may want to keep a copy of the unedited config.php file also.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Me too, this time last year I knew nothing about vbulletin.
                I bought a vbulletin book on ebay, read that and have gone from strength to strength.
                I still get stuck from time to time.

Just make a backup of any file you are messing around with and then give it a go.
                Regards
                Trevor

Comment

If you are in the UK you can have my vBulletin book for the cost of the postage.
                  I have outgrown it now.
                  Regards
                  Trevor

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X