Blank.html pop up when clicking on Advanced Search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank.html pop up when clicking on Advanced Search

For some reason I am getting a blank.html pop up after clicking on Advanced Search. It asks if I want to save or open in the browser. I have looked at the file and nothing is contained within it. It seems to do it in FF but not IE. I narrowed it down to search_common I show this code:

<iframe id="yui-history-iframe" src="clientscript/yui/history/assets/blank.html"
    style="position:absolute;top:0; {vb:stylevar left}:0;width:1px; height:1px;visibility:hidden;"></iframe>

If i remove this code in search_common, the pop up goes away, but I am not sure if this code is required, or exactly what it is used for, and why it is pushing a pop up box when clicking on the Advanced Search. Any help to solve this issue is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yes your site has been compromised that's an iframe redirect. Upload a fresh set of vb files, check for rougue plugins and admins etc.

Comment

Thanks. One of the mods over at vbulletin.org is saying that that is part of the template, but they do not have a similar experience. So is that part of the template? I have no other issues but this, and when I run my site through a malware site the do not detect anything? Thanks!

Comment

The template that that code resides in search_common (Default Style) says this: Last edited January 27 2012 at 18:12 by vBulletin Solutions

So, I'm not sure what to believe...
        Last edited by pityocamptes; Fri 20th Dec '13, 5:47pm.

Comment

Ran a PHI Search on all my vbulletin files it appears in: vbulletin-style.xml Vbulletin\VB4\upload\install

So what now?

Comment

If you do a Search In Templates for part of the code, like "<iframe id="yui-history-iframe", you will see that it is part of the search_common template.

Create a new style with no parent:
            • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
            • Parent Style: No Parent Style
            • Title: Default vBulletin
            • Allow User Selection: Yes
            • Save

Then browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do you still have the same problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Ok, thanks. Before I do that, I just want to make sure I am not going to lose my custom template or any mods or anything else... thanks again!

Comment

Ok,I did it, same problem...

Comment

It sounds like maybe your browser has some malware running on it to me. Does anyone else complain about it if they visit your site?

Comment

No one has that I know of. If you could check and provide feedback? The site is www.gunsgrubandgold.com I'm using FF version 26 Thanks

Comment

How do I open a ticket on this? No one at Vbulletin.org seems to have an answer and suggested opening a ticket...

Comment

I am getting a download dialog box when I go to your Advanced Search page in Chrome.

I would suggest you first try ti disable all modifications as explained below and see if the issues goes away

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ystem-globally

If it doesn't, try with the default style and see if t goes away-

To restore the Default Style as an option go to the Admin CP -> Styles & Templates -> Style Manager and click "Add New Style" and create a new style with no parent, this will be the default style.

If neither works you can create a ticket by going to the Member's Area and clicking on the Ticket Support link.

Comment

Did you solve the problem? I've got the same problem.
                          Food News and Forum

Comment