How to create an alternate path/address for individual forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to create an alternate path/address for individual forums

For example one of my forums is: www.mysite.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Example-example

I want it to be: www.mysite.com/example

I don't care if "www.mysite.com/example" still brings them to www.mysite.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Example-example, I just want them to be able to type in www.mysite.com/example and arrive at that specific forum.

Thanks

just redirect any folder you want to any link , you can do that in the main control panel ( ex. cpanel )

Comment

This isn't a vBulletin issue.

I suggest searching google for htaccess redirects.

Comment

Thanks, where can I find the folder for a specific forum in the ftp manager? I'm looking but cant seem to find it.

Comment

How to create an alternate path/address for individual forums

Specific forums are not in your file system, they are defined in the database by forum ID. As stated you have to define a custom redirect in your htaccess file, defining the URL desired and the redirect destination.

vBulletin does not control this directly as you define it. You could also use friendly URL settings in the admincp, which will get you closer, assuming your are using 4.x version, but will still need htaccess definitions to get hwhat you want.

Be careful as well, incorrect htaccess parameters can make your forum pages unavailable.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X