Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slinky
    replied
    More bugs - that's what it is. Some of them are ones I reported a year ago. You can do replacement variables up the wazoo with stylevars and all of them will NOT be replaced. Some of them drop out. Had to individual search in every damn stylevar to replace every image (hard coding) and also in style css templates. More wasted hours. Thankfully this will be the last month wasting gobs of time with these bugs.

PS - the vbulletin_css is not automatically rebuilt. Suffice it to say you have to really know you're way around and then you can rebuild it easily. Otherwise, best of luck.

Even with an "F" for time to first byte, I've got my custom vbulletin style to load in under 3 seconds, second view at under 1 second. Quite impressive. But the unnecessary pita makes me an expert in something nobody should need to know. Thanks again, let me know if you need help with this should you ever try to optimize in the same way.

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    OK... I see in stylevars you need to manually reset the paths. Not sure if that is possible to reset them to the CDN because the paths all use relative paths off the server. Whatever. It's just about done. PITA. Thanks for the help.

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    No... the refresh is working. The rollup though is generating local references and not using the CDN in the showthread rollups.newbtn_middle.pngDAMMIT. I figured it out. Stylevar generation... Hate this. Wish it was just flat css files...
    Last edited by slinky; Tue 22 Nov '11, 10:10pm.

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    Frustrating as hell. These images are not using the CDN and I cannot explain why. The css in the database are hardcoded to use the CDN.

images/gradients/gradient-grey-down.png
    images/misc/blog/top-highlight.png
    images/styles/mystyle/gradients/newbtn_middle.png
    images/styles/mystyle/images/brc.gif
    images/styles/mystyle/misc/black_downward_arrow.png
    images/styles/mystyle/misc/quote-left.png
    images/styles/mystyle/statusicon/post_old.png

It's the showthread-rollup.css that refuses to be refreshed and use the values I've created for those images.

Leave a comment:

• Maurd
    replied
    That's odd. Can't say I ever seen that; did the same thing on my 4.1.8 devel site and it worked.

Sorry slinky. My only suggestion would be to use the stylevar settings instead of trying to bypass them, I know several image settings in the stylevar menu default to using a relative path.

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    replied
    Yah, tried that and used another browser. The images are buttons of all types. I changed the path in the templates and style sheets not to use the entries in the stylevar settings (off the server I guess) and hard coded the entries directly. I remember new_button or something like that among others in the statusicons folder.

Leave a comment:

• Maurd
    replied
    Did you refresh your actual browser? (Ctrl+F5) Sometimes it lingers.

Also, what are images? Are they background images? Where did you make the change to use a CDN; in the Image Paths section of the stylevar menu?

Leave a comment:

• slinky
    started a topic [Forum] Rollups not refreshing

Rollups not refreshing

I know I'm missing something - I can't get the rollups to refresh. I've changed a few images to use the CDN (what a pain) but the rollups still use the cached version in vbulletin_css. Can't delete the files and have them recreate properly (or at least I don't think so.) Anyone know how to remedy this issue? I know it's here somewhere in the recesses of my mind (although I don't see it working by making it not store css as files and then turning it on.)