Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trying to get the images to appear inline.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] trying to get the images to appear inline.

I have been trying to get the images to appear inline.

What I would really like to see is if the image posted is larger than my max width then the image would be cut down to size. I know there is an option for this but I also understand that this will tax my server and slow the forum down. So I’m trying to have the images appear as a thumbnail and the thumb nail set to say 600 max width.This way all the images posted will not push my borders

By doing this will I be adding double the storage for every picture posted?

What am I doing wrong. What do I have to do to get the thumbnails to show?

In Images settings I have this selected:

Imagemagick 6 With the following path- verified by my server /usr/local/share
    /ImageMagick-6.2.0/.libs/

how pictures are displayed Click image for larger version

Name:	inline.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	3722233

In options – message attachment option :
    Click image for larger version

Name:	attachop2.jpg
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	3722235

Name:	attachop1.jpg
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	3722236

And in attachment – attachment manager :

Name:	attachman.jpg
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	3722234
    Last edited by funinbc; Tue 22 Nov '11, 9:43am.

Check your usergroup settings and verify Can See Thumbnails is set to Yes.

And yes, if you have thumbnails on, your attachment storage will increase since both the fullsize and the thumbnail size images must be stored.

If you view the page source for your page, are those broken image links or are they just links to full size images or what?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Check your usergroup settings and verify Can See Thumbnails is set to Yes.

And yes, if you have thumbnails on, your attachment storage will increase since both the fullsize and the thumbnail size images must be stored.

If you view the page source for your page, are those broken image links or are they just links to full size images or what?

yes the user-group is set to yes.

those are links to the full size image. but what I can't seem to do is get the pictures OR the thumbnails to appear inline.

can you offer any further help?

Comment

Did you just recently turn on the option to show thumbnails? If you did, did you then go and Rebuild Attachment Thumbnail Images?

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

HI there, thanks for looking into this when I choose GD then rebuild the thumbnail counter. I get this error

Your version of PHP does not have image support. Please make sure you have enabled GD if your server does support it by going to Options -> vBulletin Options -> Image Settings

If I choose Imagemagic then rebuild the thumbnail counter I get the error:

Error: cannot determime image size

Also the Human Verification does not work on the forum either with the GD or Imagemagic i

I have been and still am in contact with my server support about this problem and they can not figure it out.

Any help?

Comment

They should know how to enable those options for you since, I assume, they are the ones who installed php on the server in the first place. Tell them they need to either install GD2 for you or Imagemagick (and provide you with the correct binary path).

Comment

I will ask again...this is what i get on a few tests:

when I try and upload an image WITH imagemagick selected I get the following error

The following errors occurred when I have the forum set to image resize - yes:

look.jpg: Imageinfo Failed: <pre>/usr/local/share/ImageMagick-6.2.0/.libs/identify: error while loading shared libraries: libMagickCore.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory</pre>

with GD selected I get the following error with image resize set to no:

The following errors occurred:

look.jpg: The Dimension limits for this filetype are 800 x 800. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 1022 x 600.

with GD selected I get the following error with image resize set to yes:

The following errors occurred:

look.jpg: Image resize failed due to your image library not having support for this image type.

Regards

Comment

When using imagemagick, you NEED to have the correct path to the binaries in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Image Settings. You do not have the correct path set, so you are getting errors. If you want to use ImageMagick, you need to get that path from your host.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X