Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lee G View Post
    I dont know if this will help at all.
    I did a bit of trouble shooting on my own server over the weekend.
    Turning off any stats and logs programs in cpanel has freed up a lot of cpu and memory
    In my own case, 60% reduction in memory usage and Im averaging about 75% less cpu load
    How do you do that in cpanel?

Originally posted by carntheroos4eva View Post
    Most likely would be the ads that are being used but I am wondering what your load times are like when going to other sites because it could be the ISP that you are with (if they have had server issues) or it could be the plan that you are on that reverts to slow dial up times when over the limit on your plan.
    I have the business package with hostgator.com
    George Beale
    www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

In your cpanel, go down to logs
      The two you want to look at are
      Choose Log Programs and Raw Access Log
      In choose log programs, un tick any of the logs programs that are running
      In Raw Access Logs, disable Archive logs in your home directory

I found through my own experience that archiving logs can add a lot of extra server resources usage

Comment

I did what LeeG suggested, and still no good.

So, I took off all the ads, and I realized something. They were added to the ad placement templates in the templates section, as well as the advertising section that comes with vbulletin now.

My question is, with all the ads being in 2 places, might that have done something?

Also, which of the 2 is the better places to try and add the ads back to?
        George Beale
        www.millenniumcapitalgroupllc.com - Investment company | www.recyclingbootcamp.com - Where recyclers can come to network with one another! | www.viprecycling.com - Scrap Metal, Junk, & Electronic Recyclers! | www.biddingextreme.com - Online Auction Site |

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X