Hiding section from home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Hiding section from home

I've had the CMS for a while but one thing I can't work out how to do is hide a single section from the home page.

So for example I have
    • Home
      • News
      • Features
      • Tutorials
      • FAQs
    How can I hide all the content from "Tutorials" from appearing on the frontpage? The only option similar is "Content From" but that doesn't offer a which of which sub-sections - it's just ON/OFF.

Surely I'm missing something and there's a way to select which sections are pushed to the frontpage? The only answer I can find is "use manual".

Unfortunately, the answer is manual

or adding plugins at some hook to remove contents from tutorials which would be kinda difficult to do so.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showp...&postcount=698
      this plugin will allow you to hide tabs from any user group you wish

Comment

Originally posted by CvP View Post
        Unfortunately, the answer is manual

or adding plugins at some hook to remove contents from tutorials which would be kinda difficult to do so.
        Thanks CvP. I love VB but I must admit to being very disappointed - this isn't exactly an obscure feature and without it the CMS is just a glorified blog. I really hope it's added soon.

Comment

On think you can do is something like this:

HOME
          - Main Parent
          --Child 1
          --Child 2
          ---blah blah
          - Sections_Not_In_Front_Page
          - and so on

then set your Main Parent as default content page from ACP.

Comment

Good idea but I can't find a way to have a section not parented to the homepage.

Comment

No. Your sections all belong to HOME still. But you make your homepage point to main parent!

Comment

Originally posted by CvP View Post
                No. Your sections all belong to HOME still. But you make your homepage point to main parent!
                Doh! Thank you CvP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X