Without CSS shadow the forum is aligned slightly to the right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Without CSS shadow the forum is aligned slightly to the right

On the default vB4 template the css container for forumhome/forumdisplay/showthread is aligned slightly further to the right by a few pixels to compensate for the shadow (on the left).

I've removed the shadow on my template. I'm usually pretty good at reworking css, but can't for the life of me figure out how to make left and right margins equal (it also affects the top magain by the same amount).

Can anyone help? Pretty sure it is located somewhere around the floatcontainer class.

W.>

You're going to have to take my word on this.

It's not to "compensate" for the shadows, nor is it a vB-induced issue. It's actually a CSS thing. When you assign a block a width of 100%, it will always extend a little bit more than that to the right.

To better explain, I set this thing up for you: http://mauricedestefano.com/stuff/idonteven.html -- notice how the first box has no specified width, it's perfectly centered. The second box has a width of 100%, and it's about 2 pixels wider. You can probably work around this by adding a negative margin to the left.
    - Maurice Workin' in the Jira mine, goin' down, down, down

Comment

Bummer. Thought it would be easier to even out the template :lol:

Thank you for taking the time to answer (and demonstrate). Much appreciated

Comment