Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does one exclude category, forum, threads from showing google adsense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does one exclude category, forum, threads from showing google adsense?

Ok My objective is to exclude a category/forums and its threads from serving up google adsense using the ad manager in 4.22.
    Some of the content in this forum doesnt meet their advertizing policy guidelines.
    Ive tried several different ways using my (Extremely) limited knowledge of conditionals.
    Bear in mind I'm no coder by any stretch. I tried making a new ad block as a global footer <vb:if condition="$forum[forumid] != x">Show this if forum id is not x</vb:if>
    this but it wont work for more than 1 forum. and not the one excluded.
    This was my last attempt with some degree of success. (it doesnt work in the threads
    and all the forums.
    Here is the code I last used
    Code:
    <if condition="$global[form id]=1 AND !in_array($forumid, array(1,2,8,18))">
    <p align="center">

<center><script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    <!-- 728x90, created 3/23/10 -->
    <ins class="adsbygoogle"
         style="display:inline-block;width:728px;height:90px"
         data-ad-client="ca-pub-***************"
         data-ad-slot="5766919465"></ins>
    <script>
    (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
    </script>

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script></center>

</p>
    </if>
    Can any of you coders look at this and tell me the best way to do this? Thanks in advance for any direction here.

anybody?

Comment

<if condition="$global[form id]=1 AND !in_array($forumid, array(1,2,8,18))"> Change it too <if condition="!in_array($GLOBALS[forumid], array(1,2,8,18))">

Comment

Thank You Zachary - limited success. Got it to work in one forum category but for whatever reason it wont hold the toggle. User is browsing forum fishermans lounge or one of its child forums
        unable to add more without database errors or screwy layouts. it reverts back to no checks on the toggles ​
        <if condition="!in_array($GLOBALS[forumid], array(1,2,8,16,17,18,19,84))">content here(adsense code)</p></if>

Perhaps I can add the content to s template? someplace and if i can which one? and where?

Comment

No where else - and cant add more

http://www.anglersdigest.net/forum/f...hermans-Lounge

Comment

If this is VB 4.2.2 you need to be using the

<vb:if> syntax not <if> syntax

Child forums are not counted - you need the forumid of every single forum (subforum or not) in the array.

That could mean hundreds of forumids if that is how many forums are in the categories you don't want.

Obviously that isn't practical... if you have that many forums you want covered I would suggest making a custom plugin that can check the parentids of a forum to determine where it is. For custom coding issues please check on www.vbulletin.org.

Comment

thank you - That worked. Although its a tempermental system.
              It takes repeated tries. I only have 1 forum with 6 or 7 subforums I want excluded.
              The b*itch would be to add custom non adsense ads to those forum and not show them in the others. Thats a challenge. lol for a custom mod

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X