Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Scheduled task "Time is now:" is wrong

Hello,
    I've double checked my server's settings, vbulletin's settings, and my personal user settings to make sure everything is consistant and correct. My server is set accurately to Eastern (-5) with DST on, and it will properly display the time. Vbulletin and my user settings are set to -5 with DST on as well.

When click Scheduled Task Manager, the time at the bottom shows -4. Also my tasks that are setup to run multiple times per hour are only running once per hour (Assume a task runs at *:15 and *:45...when it runs at 12:15 it will set the next run time to 1:45 due to this error).

Also just saw that post times in the forums are incorrect (-4), BUT the sidebar on forumhome shows the proper post time (-5).

Attached are some screen shots of what I have described.

Click image for larger version

Name:	times.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	3722210
    Last edited by JoeZ; Sat 19 Nov '11, 8:29am.

Our time is wrong too, and started happening Saturday as well. Please advise. Could it be that we haven't updated to the latest vbulletin?

Comment

What do you have have set for the "Automatically detect DST" for your user account under Settings -> General Settings?
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I have tried adjusting this setting multiple times to see if there is a change. It does not fix anything.

Currently it is set to DST On, but with it off or auto the issue still persists.

Comment

Well vBulletin actually handles everything in GMT time. The time displayed is simply altered to the settings you have in your user account to make things simpler for you. The settings under Settings -> Options -> Date & Time Options only affect guest users who do not have user accounts. Once you register, it uses the offsets you have set in your account.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The offset is -5 for my account...why is it showing as -4 in the scheduled task manager? The tasks are also not running properly because of this...the next time they are scheduled is an hour ahead of when it should be.

Comment

Are your tasks not running? If they're running you don't have a problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X