X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaffery
    replied
    Originally posted by PartiBoi View Post
    Ive had the problem in the past and installed NoSpam! Image Enhancement and vbStopForumSpam

and it took care of it 99%
    Thanks for the comment, as I already mentioned, problem is not of spam, it is that lots of bots are trying to register and post but can't as I have proper antispam plugins and measures in place.

Originally posted by PartiBoi View Post
    Ive had the problem in the past and installed NoSpam! Image Enhancement and vbStopForumSpam

Yap, can block IP but they are too many , I am thinking to use firewall to block known spammers or lets see how long it will last. It appears my site is featured in some "vbulletin sites" list of spammers to target.

Leave a comment:

• donald1234
    replied
    You should start banning their IP's in your .htaccess. Also check your backlinks in seo moz or elsewhere to see if a rival has been posting links to your site from spammy websites.

Leave a comment:

• PartiBoi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jaffery
    started a topic [Forum] Bots and lots of bots - Hammering site

Bots and lots of bots - Hammering site

Hi, after searching around and reading lots of similar topic, I am sure I can start new topic my problem is little unique here. So my problem is that my site has lots of bots.. really lots of bots. They hover form 500-1000 , luckly I had upgraded my server few months back and it can handle all of them. However, since I have proper plugins installed, have tough QnA.. they are not able to register or even login and their success rate is merely 0.5% or less as I rarely see bot slipping through and getting registered. But issue is this that they are eating up resources, I can see my bandwidth usage has been increased thrice since they have started hammering site, I noticed this when I updated to latest 4.2.2 few weeks ago.

Apparently I have no problem with all this but it looks bad that my resources are being eaten up for nothing.. so what we can do here.. ?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X