Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Honestly, if you really need help with this you're going to have to open up a support ticket and explain in full what you expect to be happening, and what users should be able to see / not see it. We're going to need to look at your permissions and forum configuration to even start to debug whats going on.

Leave a comment:

• forexcurrencytrades1
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    What are the SPECIFIC permissions of the usergroup trying to view it? What about its parrents forums? Can they view the private parrent forum as well?
    I guess I don't really understand your question. The permission is that of a default user under the default settings for a Junior Member - they can only access it if they have the password. However, the parent forum can be accessed without a password, but it isn't really a forum because it can't be posted in by anyone. The parent forum only serves to differentiate it from the group of public forums. I am trying to get the private forum function to work as you are stating and it does not, can you please help me? I am not sure if I have answered your question, but if I haven't can you please explain what it is your looking for - the users permission is the default permission as I dont believe I have made any changes to the permissions.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    What are the SPECIFIC permissions of the usergroup trying to view it? What about its parrents forums? Can they view the private parrent forum as well?

Leave a comment:

• forexcurrencytrades1
    replied
    Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• forexcurrencytrades1
    replied
    4.1.7 - permissions are assuming the user is not a registered member but just visiting the site and not signed in

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    What version of vBulletin are you running? Also what are the permissions for the user who is currently viewing that forum?

A private forum, is any forum a user does not normally have permission to view. it has nothing to do with passwords.
    Last edited by Zachery; Wed 16 Nov '11, 8:40pm.

Leave a comment:

• forexcurrencytrades1
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    No, shows NOTHING.
    Yes, hide posts counts, shows the forum with a private bit and 0 threads/posts.
    http://screencast.com/t/UdhRRBmicr7O
    Ok, well then something is not working with mine because when it is set to "No" it still shows the forum but it changes thread and post counts to zero and last post to "Never", and it does the same when it is set to "yes - hide post counts." Why is this happening? How do you designate forums private anyway? Isn't it just by making it have a password? Please explain what is going on here. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    No, shows NOTHING.
    Yes, hide posts counts, shows the forum with a private bit and 0 threads/posts.
    http://screencast.com/t/UdhRRBmicr7O

Leave a comment:

• forexcurrencytrades1
    started a topic [Forum] Show Private Forum Option HELP

Show Private Forum Option HELP

Under Forum Manager -> Edit Forum there is a "show Private Forum" option drop down box. There are three options: No, Yes - Hide Post Counts, Yes - Display Post Counts. Can someone please explain the difference between the "No" option and the "Yes - Hide Post Counts" ? Because for private forums on my website when I have it set to "No" the Private Forum is still visible but the thread and post counts are set to zero and under last post is has "Never" even if there has been posts there. The same goes for when I have the setting set to "Yes - Hide Post Counts", so with this being the case then what is the difference between the two?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X