Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile users getting spam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I have asked my web host to restore a backup from Nov. 14. (before I upgraded to 4.1.8) I'll see what happens there and if need be, I'll open a ticket.

    Comment


    • #17
      Interested in the answer here. I am having a similar problem. For me my HTC Android device will go to gersprudens.ru. That forwards to adrdr.com (I think... it goes by fast) And that forwards to aff.ringtonepartner.com (a site that has been taken down)

      Site works fine from PC's and Macs.

      I was on 4.1.1 an upgraded to 4.1.8, but it didn't fix the problem.

      Comment


      • #18
        Did you replace all mobile images from a fresh download?

        Re-import the 3 XML files into a new style?

        Update your settings to use the new style instead of the old one?

        Anything show up on your Suspect File Versions Diagnostic (Maintenance -> Diagnostics)?
        Translations provided by Google.

        Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

        Comment


        • #19
          I had the same problem. Couldn't figure out what the heck it was. Contacted my host and they showed me where someone had hacked my /public_html/.htaccess file and put in a code to redirect my site to a spam site. I cleared it out and things are fine now...

          Comment


          • #20
            I found the problem. It was a corrupt .htacess file located in my root directory. The corrupt script was injected by a "commons.php" which was located in my VB folder.

            I removed the malicious php file, fixed the corrupt .htaccess file and re-set all passwords on the server. Hopefully it won't come back.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Stephen_HTC View Post
              I had the same problem. Couldn't figure out what the heck it was. Contacted my host and they showed me where someone had hacked my /public_html/.htaccess file and put in a code to redirect my site to a spam site. I cleared it out and things are fine now...
              I just saw your post. Wish I would have seen it yesterday, it would have saved me some time. Unfortunately my host guys were unable to find it, I ended up discovering it myself.

              Comment


              • #22
                Definitely wasn't a mobile template problem. I actually totally removed any mobile templates. My site would jump to the spam site before I even saw my page. I'll check out the htaccess file.

                Comment


                • #23
                  For the record... it was the .htaccess file. Cleaned that out and it works wonderfully now.

                  Comment

                  widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X