Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] CDN option?

Is it possible?
    A built in option would be super awesome...
    I use vbseo and they offer limited maxcdn option, but I'd like to see vbulletin coming out with one.
    I saw Alfa1 creating a request, but it seems like this is not in your priority list?
    I don't think it would be too complicated to add such thing.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-9261
    The 47 Ronin Gaming - www.47r-squad.com

I'm not sure that request is even valid any longer as far as CDNs go. I know in our case our entire shared server site is on Cloudflare (free). We didn't have to move any files or modify anything to do it; just throw a switch in Cpanel. Even if you're on a VPS or Dedicated you shouldn't really need to move files around.

Comment

CDN option?

I'm using cloudlfare as well. It caches your pages and serves them in a cdn like fashion. Not a true cdn but it's free.

Comment

You can pretty easily change the templates / stylevars to point to a cdn.

Comment

Originally posted by GHST View Post
          I'm using cloudlfare as well. It caches your pages and serves them in a cdn like fashion. Not a true cdn but it's free.
          Perhaps you mean not an "old school" CDN? Because according to the Wikipedia definition Cloudflare surely classifies as a "true" CDN.
          A content delivery network or content distribution network (CDN) is a system of computers containing copies of data placed at various nodes of a network.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X