Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Changed database password and now getting site errors

Hi there,

I just changed the password to my vbulletin database, put the new password into the config.php file, and now my site is giving me this error:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at [path]/includes/config.php:1) in [path]/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37

I have no idea what to do to fix this...

The forum (www.excelguru.ca/forums) still loads with that header across the top, the CMS just loads to an ugly index page (www.excelguru.ca)?
    Ken Puls, CMA, MS MVP (Excel)
    Excelguru.ca

Something similar happened to me after editing a different file. Use a new, unaltered copy of your config.php file from your package, and re-edit it in WordPad or Notepad++. I use Notepad++ to make all of my edits now
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
    "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
    "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

Just finished restoring a copy of an old version with username and password edited locally then uploaded. Works again now.

Thanks for posting!
      Ken Puls, CMA, MS MVP (Excel)
      Excelguru.ca

Comment

Originally posted by kpuls View Post
        Just finished restoring a copy of an old version with username and password edited locally then uploaded. Works again now.

Thanks for posting!
        Good to see you got things working again
        "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
        "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
        "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X