Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darakir
    replied
    Ok, from the start then. We have a forum we use in the company. All employees belong to a group called "devs" to be able to make their posts stand out on the forum and a few other things. Some of these I need to give extra permissions, I then go into their profile and also select them to have the administrator group. Now I also need to set exactly what they can access as administrators, but when I enter the administrator permission screen, they are not there. If I remove the dev group and just have them be regular users instead, this problem does not occur.
    Maybe I should just start a support ticket instead so you can look at a few examples?

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Maybe you can explain what you are trying to accomplish instead, I'm not sure I follow. If they are going to have administrator permissions why not mark the group as an administrator group? I'm not sure giving users a secondary group of administrator will do what you want.

Leave a comment:

• Darakir
    replied
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    So Dev's have a secondary group of Administrators?

Leave a comment:

• Darakir
    replied
    No, I add them to the user group Administators. The devs group give no such permissions.

Leave a comment:

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Seems to be working for me, what version of VB are you using?

Are you sure you have Can Access Control Panel (is Administrator) set to YES for devs?

Leave a comment:

• Darakir
    started a topic [Forum] User group bug?

User group bug?

I have a user group for developers, lets call it devs. When I add administrator permissions to someone who has devs as their primary group, I don't get that red text to update administrator permissions, and they do not show up if I manually choose the user groups/administrator permissions options. They are listed if I choose user groups/user group manager/list all additional users though.

If I change their primary user group to be regular users instead, all this works. Soo.. what is going on with my user groups?