Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the difference and use of the MySql backup and full Directory Backup ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] what is the difference and use of the MySql backup and full Directory Backup ??

Hi,
    I'm searching an for an answer to this topic can anyone tell me

MySQL backup = your database
    Full Directory Backup = your files
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
    "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
    "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

when shall i use the Full Backup?? give me an example please

Comment

The full directory backup isn't all that important if you have a standard forum and don't have many extras of mods installed. If anything ever happened to your forum you can re-upload the files anyway they will be in the install package you download from vBulletin.

If however you have a lot of custom pages or extras not part of standard vBulletin you will want to make occasional full directory backups to restore all these files- but the most practical use would probably be if you ever decided to switch web hosts, you would download a full copy of all your files and upload them to the new host. The database needs to be transferred separately.

Comment

thank you so much, i appreciate it

but another question please , does the images of articles, avatars, signatures part of the mysql or the full ??
          Last edited by vigasos; Fri 11 Nov '11, 1:35pm.

Comment

i think i asked too much he he he

can anyone answers my last question?

Comment

No you didn't. If your images are in the database then the DB backup will have them. If your images are in the filesystem then you need the full back up.

Comment