Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgraded to Version 4.2.2 - Warning Message at Top of Forum (class_bootstrap.php)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgraded to Version 4.2.2 - Warning Message at Top of Forum (class_bootstrap.php)

As the subject states, just upgraded to version 4.2.2, and when I reactivated the forum, the following error message appears at the very top of the page:

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 39

Any ideas on how to resolve this? Thanks...

Web

php version?
    Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

4.2.2 can run on pretty much any version of php so that's unlikely to be an issue.

Have a look at post 2 here. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-been-released

Comment

Sorry, but the issue is much larger than just suppressing errors. It was discovered that if you were not logged in (with a cookie, of course) prior to the upgrade, then you are presented with two errors and a blank screen. The errors are:

Warning: Only variables should be passed by reference in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(561) : eval()'d code on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ..../includes/class_core.php:5755) in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4370

So something has seriously been messed up with this upgrade. The site is unusable for the site owner (not me), and his paid members.

Comment

These warnings (they aren't actually errors) are related to modifications.

Have you done what was suggested in the post mentioned earlier as this should suppress them?
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X