Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot move moderator to other subforum, the forum automaticly create new moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gripi
    replied
    Hello again zachery..

I just installed vbulletin v3.*.. and the menu update did update the moderator to new forum or move the moderator to new forum, not creating a new one, i believe that is the purpose of updating..

Why in vbulletin v4.*, the menu update create new moderator, not update the moderator to new forum.. i think this is quite strange..

Leave a comment:

• Gripi
    replied
    Oh okey..

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    That feature was never intended to move moderators, just change permissions. Mark is correct.

Leave a comment:

• Gripi
    replied
    I think this is a bug.. i try to install another fresh vb in my server, and replicate the step..

yes the moderator is not updating.. but creating new one.

Leave a comment:

• Gripi
    replied
    Hello..

Only using spam-o-matic, sevenskin image resizer.

I'm using php 5.3.27..

Very strange.. i just notice this thing lately..

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    I can't replicate this in 4.2.0 (don't currently have a 4.2.1 installation available).

Do you have any modifications installed?
    What version of php are you running?

Nothing's really changed on this area of code for an exceptionally long time.

Leave a comment:

• Gripi
    replied
    Anyone can try this?

Leave a comment:

• Gripi
    replied
    Hello..

But before this, already using this steps to move moderator to other forum for 4-5 years without issue.

Is this a bug?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    You need to remove them from one forum and add to the other - it's two separate processes.

Leave a comment:

• Cannot move moderator to other subforum, the forum automaticly create new moderator

Hello..

I realize lately, that i cannot move moderator to other forum, let say i have 2 subforum named subforum one and subforum two.

david is moderator in subforum one, then i go to forum manager, i go to subforum one, in right coloum i choose david, and in next page, i choose subforum two, then hit save.

the about steps should move david from subforum one to subforum two right? but right now in my forum, david become moderator in subforum one and two, not moving, but create new one.

is it a bugs? i'm using 4.2.1 pl 1.