No announcement yet.

Debugging the forum - FB warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok quick question, how can I find the 4.1.7 build? In the customer area, under more download options it's only the patch level 2 for 4.1.7
    SWTOR Forums | Software Forums

Comment

ok, I've uploaded the 2 files from the 4.1.7 version, but when I run the suspect file versions scanner, it throws me the same error:

base_facebook.php File does not contain expected contents
      facebook.php File does not contain expected contents
      the files were from a test version I run on the server, but the files were unaltered...but I can say the same thing for the original ones that cause the warning. I can't find a clean kit of 4.1.7 to test it, maybe I'm missing something?
      Last edited by vexxy; Wed 9 Nov '11, 9:27am.

Comment

If the files are not from the same download as all the other files, then the md5_sums_vbulletin.php file will not have the correct checksum in there and it will always show up as not containing the expected contents.

Can you upgrade to the patch level on your site? That way you can upload all new files and they should all be fine. (Go ahead and edit the comments.php file.)

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

yep..upgrading now..will report soon

Comment

ok, upgraded to patch lvl 2..run the suspect file version scanner..the 2 files don't appear there anymore, so that's good. However, activated FB integration, run the board in debug mode..and the warning is still there

Comment

Do you have any modifications on your site? I run my default test site in debug mode all the time and with display errors on and I am not getting any of those errors.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

no modifications..I mean it's a custom style and I have some products installed such as vbseo. I'll disable all hooks now and run it in debug mode again, although I'm pretty sure I did that already.

will report back

Comment

disabled all hooks, ran debug mode...warning is there

Comment

And is this a custom style or default style?

Comment

custom style...will try on the default style to see if it has the same warning

Comment

ok did that, changed to default style, entered forum...debugged...warning still there. I think i'm gonna quit using facebook integration, it's too much for me..or maybe it's a small bug that's gonna be fixed in 4.1.8. God knows...

Comment

Originally posted by vexxy View Post
                          Is this something to worry about?
                          No.

Its just a minor warning from the database explain (debug) system, which you should never be running normally.
                          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

the bad part Paul is that, if I leave Facebook integration on..the site crawls and the browser, after some forum browsing, chokes and loads the site in 10-15 seconds. If I turn FB integration off, site loads instantly and I never experience any problems. Same with my users..so, minor warning or not, it has a great impact on my site.

Comment

Originally posted by vexxy View Post
                              so, minor warning or not, it has a great impact on my site.
                              Like I said, unless you are running in debug mode, class_database_explain isnt even loaded.

Facebook may well slow your site down, but it has nothing to do with that message.
                              Baby, I was born this way

Comment

ah ok, it's possible hehe but it's too bad I can't find the reason why Facebook ruins everything..oh well, hope new users won't find the need to log in with FB often :P

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X