X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Debugging the forum - FB warning

While debugging my forum today, I've found a warning in the logs:

Code:
    Warning: session_start() [[URL="http://www.oldrepublic.net/threads/function.session-start"]function.session-start[/URL]]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/forum/public_html/includes/class_database_explain.php:220) in /home/forum/public_html/includes/facebook/facebook.php on line 37
    Is this something to worry about? How can I fix this?
    SWTOR Forums | Software Forums

nobody knows?

Comment

There shouldn't be any output from that file. As far as I am aware, nothing in the /includes/ directory should have direct output to the browser.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

oh...so how can I debug the problem then? I discovered it enabling debug mode in config.php but I don't know the cause

update: I've overwrited the 2 files from includes class_database_explain.php and facebook.php from the vb 4.1.7 installation kit, hoping that was some kind of character outputed and couldn't see it in the editor. But this didn't resolved anything, so I'm back to square 1. If I disable the Facebook platform on the forum, the warning evidently dissapears
        Last edited by vexxy; Mon 7 Nov '11, 11:13pm.

Comment

ok..another update..it seems this is the cause of my forum getting slow for a while. I've posted the thread on that matter here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...w-afer-a-while

so basicly, it gets slow but if i disable facebook from admincp, the site is getting fast again. So, I really need to get rid of that warning, because it clogs the browser somehow

Comment

Check the files for hidden characters before the <?php and after any existing ?> lines. Not all files will have the latter. Also make sure there are no echo statements in any files. By default there shouldn't be either but if you edit the files in a text editor, they can be added.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

actually I have replaced both files with the original version from the vb installation suite (just downloaded today). but I'll take a look again..just to confirm, you're referring only to those 2 files right?

Comment

Make sure the facebook.php file is Unicode (UTF-8) encoding and not Unicode (UTF-8 with BOM) encoding.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

double checked, it's UTF-8

Comment

Do you have any custom pages? If I recall, the only time I have seen that error was on a custom page I wrote and I had saved the dustom page using the wrong encoding.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

yep I have custom pages, but this warning is on every page..CMS home, forum threads...etc

Comment

What happens if you run Maintenance > Diagnostics > Suspect File Version? Do any default vbulletin files get listed?

Comment

ncode_imageresizer_v1.5.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                          vbulletin-threadbit.js File not recognized as part of vBulletin
                          DD_belatedPNG_0.0.8a.js File does not contain expected contents
                          base_facebook.php File does not contain expected contents
                          facebook.php File does not contain expected contents
                          comments.php File does not contain expected contents (/packages/vbcms)

Also, base_facebook.php and facebook.php I have uploaded fresh after downloading the latest build, which is 4.1.7 patch lvl 2 but I currently have 4.1.7 maybe that's the cause?

Comment

If you downloaded the latest package, then you should upload all the files from that package to the site. Otherwise, replace these with the files from the package that you originally uploaded so they not longer get listed in Suspect File Version:

base_facebook.php File does not contain expected contents
                            facebook.php File does not contain expected contents
                            comments.php File does not contain expected contents (/packages/vbcms)

Comment

ok, I'll do that...however, comments.php was edited by me, I've added that fix where the custom thumbnails were not displayed within comments (gonna be fixed in 4.1.8).

Will uploaded those 2 and report back in several minutes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X