Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuring related forum posts widget

Hi all

I have configured this widget just fine for one of my CMS sections, but my forum has a lot of different categories, for example many pregnancy categories but then also a cookery section and a section on crafts/knitting etc.

I seem to be only able to configure my "related forum posts" widget once. Can I make another one for the other sections?

For example the keyword is currently "pregnancy" for the pregnancy articles but I would like the keyword to be "recipe" for the recipe articles etc. cos obviously there's no point me having "pregnancy related forum posts" in my craft articles.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Just to be sure that I understand - you want to put a widget in one particular section of your cms that only shows recent forum posts (or threads) related to that cms section. Is that correct?

If so, you can certainly do that.

Admin CP > vbulletin cms > Widgets > Create New Widget > Choose a type (recent forum posts or threads would work) and give it a name. Save. Then click on configure. Choose a part of your forum related to the cms section.

Now add the widget to the correct part of your cms through the layout manager.

Is that what you are trying to accomplish?

Comment

Hi,

I have the CMS suite (4.1.7) but am only currently using the forum portion.

Can you put a related posts widget on the forum or it is only for use in the CMS section? I want to display related posts on forum threads.

Thanks,
      Dale.
      http://www.settledin.com.au/forum/
      http://www.settledin.com.au

Comment

You can turn on a related threads search that will appear at the bottom of the thread very easily.

Admin CP > Settings > Options > Thread Display Options > Show Similar Threads = YES

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X