Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to publish article/page in section, but not have it appear on the front page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• darkpulsar
    replied
    For anyone in the future, in the above example, in the settings for Cyburbia Front Page, make sure it shows content "from this section only."

Of course, I don't know the solution if you want things appearing on the front page from certain sections and not others.

Leave a comment:

• Troy Roberts
    replied
    How did you work around it?

Leave a comment:

• cyburbia
    replied
    Got a workaround, I think.

Leave a comment:

• cyburbia
    replied
    No CMS plugins; I just have a few for the forum.

No articles from the "about" section even appear in the list of contents, this, I can't choose the blank spot for order.

Leave a comment:

• Troy Roberts
    replied
    I can't recreate that problem. Do you have any plugins installed that might be affecting the cms? If so, please disable them and see if the problem still occurs.

A work-around might be to click the edit icon (pencil) next to the Cyburbia Front Page text. Then scroll down to the list of articles at the bottom. Click on the Order dropdown in the article's row. Choose the blank spot at the top (no number). This should remove it from the front page view.

Leave a comment:

• cyburbia
    replied
    Did that. It still appears on the front page.

Here's the article.

Show on section page - NO. I want to show it in the "About ..." section.

Cleared the cache.

And there it is on the front page.

Leave a comment:

• Troy Roberts
    replied
    If you post the article in the sub section it shouldn't show up on the front page. Setting the section page to NO will stop it from showing up on the section page.

Leave a comment:

• Riasat
    replied
    When you create/edit one, there is an option called: Show on Section Page. Set it to NO; clear CMS Cache from admincp.

Leave a comment:

• Troy Roberts
    replied
    Are you navigating to the section you want the article to appear in before clicking on the create article button?

Leave a comment:

• How to publish article/page in section, but not have it appear on the front page?

Dumb question, where the answer is probably obvious, but I'd like to know how to publish an article or static page in a section (for example, contact and privacy policy pages in an "About" section), without it appearing as a new article on the front page.

Thanks!