No announcement yet.

Inline image attachement in forum posts not visible by guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having this issue as well on 4.1.10. See the bottom two links on this post. They just show as "Attachment 760" "Attachment 761". Any fix?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vbulletin 4.1.10 Issue - Attachements showing as link for guest.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	3686473
    www.WonderfulWaterloo.com

Comment

You're using an addon to show post #1 on page 16? Attachments only show properly in the actual post and the page they are shown on by default.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Yes I'm using this addon. Is there a vbulletin option to allow attachments to show properly in all posts? Or is that a vbulletin.org question?

Comment

In vBulletin 4.1.10, Attachments will only show on the page in which they are attached. So attachments on page one will show when quoted in posts on page one. All other pages will show links. To do otherwise would require additional coding.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I'm also having problems with this. I tried enabling attachments for guests but they're still not able to see them. I have my unregistered/not logged in usergroup "Can Download Attachments" and "Can See Thumbnails" set to yes and thumbnails are enabled. Members have no problem seeing the images.

I'm running 4.1.1.

Comment

Originally posted by traen View Post
              I'm running 4.1.1.
              Upgrade to 4.1.10. Do you still have the same problem?

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hey Wayne I was planning on waiting till 4.2 was released before I upgraded, is this a bug in 4.1.1?

Comment

Originally posted by traen View Post
                  Hey Wayne I was planning on waiting till 4.2 was released before I upgraded, is this a bug in 4.1.1?
                  There have been several bugs dealing with attachment display that have been fixed since your version.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                    You said that "Can View Thumbnails" is set to Yes for the Unregistered/Not Logged In Usergroup. The default for this permission is No. If you have customized the permissions for each forum you would have to adjust this under Usergroups -> Forum Permissions.
                    Sorry for the late reply, yes "can view thumbs" for unregistered is on and forum permissions not customized, the issue is still there in the latest release. (4.1.10)

Comment

Edit, just checked the forum permissions and saw I have to set on every forum the permission "Can See Thumbnails" to yes to get this working. Is it really supposed to work like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
                        Edit, just checked the forum permissions and saw I have to set on every forum the permission "Can See Thumbnails" to yes to get this working. Is it really supposed to work like that?
                        If you're saying if forum1 is set to No and it stops working in ALL forums then no, that is not right.

If you're saying if forum1 is set to No and it doesn't work in forum1, then yes that is right.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderfulwat View Post
                          Thanks for the info. Yes I'm using this addon. Is there a vbulletin option to allow attachments to show properly in all posts? Or is that a vbulletin.org question?
                          Please vote to have a feature where attachments used in other posts can be visible.

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-14404

Comment

Originally posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
                            If you're saying if forum1 is set to No and it stops working in ALL forums then no, that is not right.

If you're saying if forum1 is set to No and it doesn't work in forum1, then yes that is right.
                            Alright, got how it works but I'm a bit confused about.
                            I'm sure I have set the permission in the usergroup permissions to yes but it doesn't changed in the forum permissions or by any incident it has switched back.
                            Don't know it, maybe small white mouses anywhere in the forum system or in my brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
                              Alright, got how it works but I'm a bit confused about.
                              I'm sure I have set the permission in the usergroup permissions to yes but it doesn't changed in the forum permissions or by any incident it has switched back.
                              Don't know it, maybe small white mouses anywhere in the forum system or in my brain.
                              How permissions work...

A "YES" will always override a "NO". The exception is if the Usergroup is a Banned Usergroup.

Usergroups apply default permissions to all users in that usergroup. If no other permissions are assigned, they take precedence.

The permissions for the individual forum/blog/cms area are the final layer. They will override what is set in the Usergroup if you customize them.

Finally, child sections and forums will inherit the permissions of their parents automatically.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Step 1: Upload an attachment.
                                Step 2: Quote that post on a different page.
                                Step 3: View the post with the quote as (1) a logged in member; (2) a guest.

The logged in member can view the image as is. The guest only sees an "Attachment #" link.

Is this solvable? I know you can do it in class bbcode.php, but that messes up PDFs (or other non-image attachements).

Comment