vBulletin 4.2.2 Alpha 1 Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] vBulletin 4.2.2 Alpha 1 Error

PLEASE HELP! I installed 4.2.2 Alpha 1 for a site I am admin for because we are running php 5.4 and now I am getting this error when posting a new comment on any VBCMS article. It happens if I reply to any thread that has been promoted to an article or on any article that is already in the vbcms.

Warning
    : Illegal string offset 'comment_count' in ..../packages/vbcms/item/content/article.php on line 568

Warning: Illegal string offset 'comment_count' in ..../packages/vbcms/item/content/article.php on line 570

I'm using 4.2.1 with PHP 5.4. Same errors

Comment

Originally posted by bhd View Post
      I'm using 4.2.1 with PHP 5.4. Same errors
      Oh glad it is not just me. I thought going to 4.2.2 alpha would fix it.

Comment

Make sure you're on the latest build of the Alpha please. Redownloading the files will give you an updated build. If it still occurs it needs to be logged into JIRA here:
        http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...20&issuetype=1
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks! Do I need to do upgrade script or just overight files?

Comment

Just downloaded latest and ran upgrade script and it did not fix it.

Comment

In the feedback thread, your issue is marked as a proper bug and will be fixed in the next build. I don't know when that will be made available to customers though.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Is there any way to get some sort of patch? What are my options since I am on php 5.419

Comment

There's no patch I'm afraid.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                    There's no patch I'm afraid.
                    When will the next alpha release be out? Is this a php 5.419 error only? If I roll back to older php version will it clear it? Just looking for options. Any suggestions will help.

Comment

Yes php 5.3 works fine, I would roll back untill 4.2.2 is fully tested and functionable.

Comment

At this time rolling back to php 5.3 is the only available fix.

Comment

Ok rolled back to 5.3 with alpha and no error now but when a comment is posted on the article it only shows on the forum thread. Also if I post in the forum thread it does not copy over to the article. At least no error now.

Comment

You can only revert back to the stable version (4.2.1) unless you want to continue testing the new version and reporting the errors.

Comment

You can't revert back to ANY version; Once you've upgraded to 4.2.2, you cannot go back to 4.2.1 without restoring a previous back up.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X