Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is image top-highlight.png not part of VB anymore ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is image top-highlight.png not part of VB anymore ?

Hi all,

We have many errors like these (I did cross out some text) in our logs:

[Sat Sep 21 12:09:42 2013] [error] [client xx.xxx.xx.xxx] File does not exist: /home/xxx/domains/xxxx.comt/public_html/images/misc/blog/top-highlight.png, referer: http://www.xxxx.com/member.php/12345-Membername

When I visit the member page I see nothing unusual. Checking the source code does not show the text "top-highlight.png".

The blog features are disabled, we only use the forum feature of our VB package.

The style in use is self made with the style generator and is a child from the default VB style. In that default VB style the error problem does not occur.

I just downloaded the latest 4.x package from the VB site and could not find the image there either.

Any suggestions ?
    Last edited by user-1231235234532; Sat 21st Sep '13, 9:25am.

I also see the same error a lot, even my forum doesn't have the blog module.

Comment

You can make a copy of clear.gif, rename it the name of the missing file, and the error will go away. If you notice no style issues it's probably not being used.

Comment

Ok, thanks Joe

It seems VB removed this file from their package without correcting the code, or at least forgot to edit the code in one place.

Maybe this can be fixed in a future update.

Comment

If this was VB5 I would certainly say to open a JIRA report (or I would do it) but being it is VB4 and being the issue is considered trivial I wouldn't advise you to bother making a bug report, but you are welcome to if you wish.

Bug report for VB4- http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...20&issuetype=1

Comment

Too bad VB does not care about this.

I always thought consumer reports are a vital tool in improving software, and this VB statement is certainly not an encouragement to report other bugs.

Comment

We are all about bug reports for VB5. This statement is limited to VB4 which is in the twilight of its life cycle. It will remain supported and viable for years to come, but very minor issues like this which cause no problems and have an easy work-around aren't going to be prioritized for being fixed when there are more important bugs that need work.

Also, this is merely my opinion, I do not control what bugs get worked on, feel free to create the report if you wish, I was just trying to save you some time by being honest about the reality of the situation.

The reality is VB5 is the flagship product now.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X