No announcement yet.

404 error when trying to update the assetsmanager template in templates&styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] 404 error when trying to update the assetsmanager template in templates&styles

Hello, I'm trying to edit the assetsmanager template for our forums. I can edit anything else and it will correctly update it, but, once I touch that specific template elements, it gives me a 'page not found'. I have tried this on another forum of mine and it works.

What do you think it can cause this? When I hit 'save' or 'save and reload' it gives me the error. any other template edits OK. I have created a new default skin and it's the same.

the link there is ...site/adminfolder/template.php?s=&do=edit&templateid=13347&group=assetmanager&searchstring=&expandset=12

I get the error when the save button sends me to: ...site/adminfolder/template.php?do=updatetemplate

Any idea would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.
    Webmaster Tips & Tricks

Humour me.

Try re-uploading template.php.

And if I'm not mistaken, I think it should be adminfunctions_template.php, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Dustin L.; Wed 26 Oct '11, 9:47am.
    http://quikmsg.net/strtoupper/ - Convert lowercase text and code to all uppercase!
    http://quikmsg.net/strtolower/ - Convert uppercase text and code to all lowercase!

Comment

Can you take a screenshot of the error and upload it in a reply?

Since you're on template.php and you submit to template.php, it is pretty close to impossible to get a 404 error. However if only happens on certain templates, you could be getting a 403 error which means it is forbidden to access the page and there would be a note at the bottom stating a 404 was encountered while trying to retrieve 403.shtml or the custom error page. Could even be a 500 error.

Both probably track back to overzealous installations of mod_rewrite, mod_rewrite2 or suhosin.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

@microsuck - have uploaded them both, same thing.

Weird things is that, if I edit assetmanager_detailedview or any other template from there, it works perfectly. Just the assetsmanager template doesn't seem to work.

@Wayne, would it be OK for you if I provided you the details via PM? Thank you both for your super-fast response.
        Webmaster Tips & Tricks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X