Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you increase the number of characters you can post - post length?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How do you increase the number of characters you can post - post length?

I want to increase the post length for the Administrator so they can post the full Terms of Service. It appears that the default post length is 10,000 characters and I need about 20,000 for this post. Where is the setting to allow the increase in characters in a post?
    Can anyone give the hierarchy sequence to the setting? Is there a setting? I am using 4.1.7.
    Here is the exact error message I got:
    The text that you have entered is too long (22,711 characters). Please shorten it to 10,000 characters long.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by webaholic1; Wed 26 Oct '11, 6:50am. Reason: adding error message

That setting is in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Message Posting and Editing Options > Maximum Characters per Post.

Perhaps you should just post it in two (or three) posts?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I have a mod at vBulletin.org that will let you change this for Admins only if you want.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X