Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hostgator did a server upgrade, now my site is down.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hostgator did a server upgrade, now my site is down.

    http://www.rightwheeldrive.com/


    Hostgator is only giving best effort support, cannot get a real answer on the issue. Before this it was running fine for over 2 years. MySQL database did not change, anything else in config that I need to doublecheck? Same issue with /admincp

  • #2
    Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: gobutton in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/avari/public_html/global.php(603) : eval()'d code on line 1

    Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: spacer_open in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

    Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: spacer_close in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

    Comment


    • #3
      Disabled hooks, now getting

      Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: gobutton in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/avari/public_html/global.php(603) : eval()'d code on line 1

      Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: spacer_open in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

      Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: spacer_close in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

      Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: ad_header_logo in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

      Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: ad_header_end in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

      Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: ad_navbar_below in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

      Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: ad_footer_start in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

      Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: ad_footer_end in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

      Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: navbar_noticebit in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/avari/public_html/global.php(656) : eval()'d code on line 1

      Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: headinclude in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/avari/public_html/global.php(832) : eval()'d code on line 1

      Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: header in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home2/avari/public_html/global.php(833) : eval()'d code on line 1

      Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: footer in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 4114

      Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or T_NUM_STRING in /home2/avari/public_html/global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 1

      Comment


      • #4
        These are related to modifications.

        Disable all your hooks.

        To disable the plugin/hook system open your config.php which can be found in your forumroot/includes directory

        Just below
        Code:
        <?php
        enter
        Code:
        define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
        and save the file.

        If you would like to enable the plugin/hook system again, either remove the line again or simply comment that line out. To do so, add two forward slashes " / " so it will look like

        Code:
        // define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

        TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd replace functions.php with a fresh version of the file as well, you should not be seeing the fetch_template warning within the vB files themselves.

          Your global.php file also appears to be far larger than that included with vB4, the file I'm looking at is only 51 lines, yet your errors are showing on lines with 3 digits. Did some vB3 files sneak into your webspace or something? (vB3 global.php is 1168 lines)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Avari View Post
            http://www.rightwheeldrive.com/


            Hostgator is only giving best effort support, cannot get a real answer on the issue. Before this it was running fine for over 2 years. MySQL database did not change, anything else in config that I need to doublecheck? Same issue with /admincp
            I am having horrible flashbacks!!! I used to have HG for my host,and tried to stay with them. Twice when they upgraded I lost my forum access for up to a week. HG Support communications during that time was between lame and non-existent.

            The last time, I had already started finding an alternate emergency server host, because I did not know how else to get back online but to move hosts.

            This is what worked for me to make HG do their job when the upgraded and messed up:
            I established communications with the Sales area of HG and told them I was going around Support to get to senior management in a last ditch effort to get my forum back online, before I had no choice but to move server hosts. I begged the Sales person NOT to send the problem back to Support for more stonewalling, but to get more senior management involved to force a resolution. I emphasized that otherwise I would have no choice but to move hosts.

            It worked. Someone in management got involved and the problem was resolved. (But I should never have to go around Support to make that happen.)

            The fault was entirely HG's and they admitted it. The problem was that when they upgraded, they had forgotten about the accounts in my category of service. Other users in the same category had also been effected. Support had just been putting everyone off. This was typical of HG Support - keeping my forum online just wasn't that important to them.

            I had other problems with Support service and communications ... I finally dumped HostGator for Nimbus. http://www.nimbushosting.co.uk/

            Nimbus is vB-friendly and I haven't had any of the headaches I was dealing with before. No, I don't work for them and don't get any perks for recommending them. I can only tell you that life has been much better since I kicked HG to the curb - at last. I tried to work it out with them for far, far too long.

            Good luck, I hope your forum is up and running soon!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Thunderbird View Post
              I'd replace functions.php with a fresh version of the file as well, you should not be seeing the fetch_template warning within the vB files themselves.

              Your global.php file also appears to be far larger than that included with vB4, the file I'm looking at is only 51 lines, yet your errors are showing on lines with 3 digits. Did some vB3 files sneak into your webspace or something? (vB3 global.php is 1168 lines)
              It is from plugins.... that is what the lines about eval'd code mean. The plugins are out of date with vBulletin 4.X.
              Translations provided by Google.

              Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                These are related to modifications.

                Disable all your hooks.

                To disable the plugin/hook system open your config.php which can be found in your forumroot/includes directory

                Just below
                Code:
                <?php
                enter
                Code:
                define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
                and save the file.

                If you would like to enable the plugin/hook system again, either remove the line again or simply comment that line out. To do so, add two forward slashes " / " so it will look like

                Code:
                // define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

                My second post was the results normally, my third post was with hooks disabled
                Last edited by Avari; Mon 16th Sep '13, 11:27am.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  It is from plugins.... that is what the lines about eval'd code mean. The plugins are out of date with vBulletin 4.X.

                  My only concern is this was all working fine for the past year+. Only on my hosts server migration did the problem start, so I know any plugins installed were working.
                  Last edited by Avari; Mon 16th Sep '13, 11:18am.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Thunderbird View Post
                    I'd replace functions.php with a fresh version of the file as well, you should not be seeing the fetch_template warning within the vB files themselves.

                    Your global.php file also appears to be far larger than that included with vB4, the file I'm looking at is only 51 lines, yet your errors are showing on lines with 3 digits. Did some vB3 files sneak into your webspace or something? (vB3 global.php is 1168 lines)

                    Thanks! I will find a fresh copy of both of these files and retry. We did an upgrade from vB3 a while ago, didn't think we had any issues or missed steps doing so.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mary303 View Post

                      I am having horrible flashbacks!!! I used to have HG for my host,and tried to stay with them. Twice when they upgraded I lost my forum access for up to a week. HG Support communications during that time was between lame and non-existent.

                      The last time, I had already started finding an alternate emergency server host, because I did not know how else to get back online but to move hosts.

                      This is what worked for me to make HG do their job when the upgraded and messed up:
                      I established communications with the Sales area of HG and told them I was going around Support to get to senior management in a last ditch effort to get my forum back online, before I had no choice but to move server hosts. I begged the Sales person NOT to send the problem back to Support for more stonewalling, but to get more senior management involved to force a resolution. I emphasized that otherwise I would have no choice but to move hosts.

                      It worked. Someone in management got involved and the problem was resolved. (But I should never have to go around Support to make that happen.)

                      The fault was entirely HG's and they admitted it. The problem was that when they upgraded, they had forgotten about the accounts in my category of service. Other users in the same category had also been effected. Support had just been putting everyone off. This was typical of HG Support - keeping my forum online just wasn't that important to them.

                      I had other problems with Support service and communications ... I finally dumped HostGator for Nimbus. http://www.nimbushosting.co.uk/

                      Nimbus is vB-friendly and I haven't had any of the headaches I was dealing with before. No, I don't work for them and don't get any perks for recommending them. I can only tell you that life has been much better since I kicked HG to the curb - at last. I tried to work it out with them for far, far too long.

                      Good luck, I hope your forum is up and running soon!

                      Thanks for the info Mary. Can you elaborate on what exactly the issue was with HG? What was missing in the accounts?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Something to note: I had forgotten that when trigger_error is used (which is what the fetch_template errors are for), then the line that PHP reports is the line where trigger_error appears, not the source that led to it. So ignore the bit about functions.php in my post (been a long time since I've dealt with THAT particular error).

                        Still doesn't explain why global.php is reporting errors on lines far beyond what the vB4 file has. (Unless I'm mistaken, the global.php(832) : eval()'d code on line 1 means the eval was called on line 832 of global.php and the error tripped on line 1 of that eval'd code)

                        Comment

                        Related Topics

                        Collapse

                        • geovadim
                          Update errors
                          by geovadim
                          I am trying to update my forum vb3.7 to vb5 connect. I've copied the files from vb5 in a test forum and created a copy of the live database.

                          PHP Version 5.4.38

                          I went to upgrade...
                          Mon 2nd Mar '15, 3:18am
                        • Mevlüt Akpinar
                          Error :API Error
                          by Mevlüt Akpinar
                          Hello,
                          Etc. 5 I smoke. I do not have a shortage of time following entry but I also enter my login information (in debug mode) I get the following errors.



                          Error :API E...
                          Tue 22nd Dec '15, 1:42pm
                        • Mevlüt Akpinar
                          System Error
                          by Mevlüt Akpinar
                          Hello there,
                          System Error Gives below.
                          System Error has occurred.
                          The software is Experiencing a systems error.
                          You should attempt to repeat your last action. If this error occurs...
                          Wed 2nd Mar '16, 12:18pm
                        • avitor
                          sitemap not shows
                          by avitor
                          why i get this when i try to view sitemap after build sitemap ?
                          this message shows just after completed sitemap build
                          Sitemap built successfully. You may view the XML here.
                          and when
                          ...
                          Wed 3rd Feb '16, 4:57pm
                        Working...
                        X