Plugin System: Weird situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin System: Weird situation

Hello, I have been using vbulletin from many years now but never witnessed such a problem. Suddenly I started seeing white pages/blank pages in the admin panel of vbulletin (with no recent change made to the website or server). After seeing solutions of Blank/White pages, I disabled Plugins system by using

Code:
    define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);
    in the config.php. The problem of blank/white pages got solved by disabling plugins from config file.

After that I tried to find the culprit plugin by disabling plugins one by one and wasn't able to find one. Eventually now I have my all plugins disabled but still the blank pages are being shown. If I re-add that line in config.php, the problem of blank pages get solved. Please help me to fix this problem.

Run a suspect file diagnostic. Replace all suspect files. Delete ones that aren't part of your addons.

Maintenance -> Diagnostics.

Also unless you wrote and assigned your own plugins to the vBulletin product, there should be no plugins assigned to it. Delete any that exist.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

EDIT: I was talking about disabling all products, not plugins.

Thanks.

Comment

I have done the same, deleted all that weren't part of my addons. Still problem is the same, White pages occuring when all addons disabled but when I disable it them from config.php it works.

Comment

I understand what you were talking about. Disabling plugins only disables the PHP code that is actually embedded in vBulletin. It does not disable all of every plugins and some with completely break your site like you're saying if their files are out of date. An example is vBSEO.

What is the last addon you installed? You can starting trying by uninstalling that and deleting its files completely.

A blank page usually signifies a server error. If you can look at your error logs, you might get more clues.

If you're running PHP 5.4.X, you need to downgrade to PHP 5.3.X
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I have deleted all the files of every addons listed in 'Suspect File Versions' except vbexperience files (because it shows File Not found errors if I delete its files) but still the problem is the same.

I have made no change in the forum, neither in server from last couple of months.

I am running PHP Version 5.3.3-7

Comment

There is another problem I have just noticed. Avatar Image Links are broken, few of them are working also.

Comment

BUMP.....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X